Wallpaper

Russian Visa online

RC Clubs
Code your Mac
Manuals

Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

Russian Stealth Aircraft? Anyone?
Sunday, June 22, 2003 (9:23 PM)

Reply to this threadRSS Feed 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6   Next...
Posted by
miggi (3)
Edit
Russian Stealth Aircraft? Anyone?
I was wondering if any of the Mig or Sukhoi aircraft has any of the stealth technology? How come I can not find any information about Russian stealth?
Am I wrong or Russians just do not design anything in that nature? I've heard that stealth is based on Russian mathematical algorithms.
Thanks!

Posted by
miggi (3)
Edit
RE: Russian Stealth Aircraft? Anyone?
Posted: August 2, 2003 (6:24 PM)
yes, sure! it will be interesting to read about it.
thanks!

Posted by
connor (1)
Edit
Posted: September 2, 2003 (7:44 PM)
As far as I know the Russians NEVER built a stealth aircraft that uses fuselage shaping to achieve low RCS. Quite possibly they can't, at least not yet. The Germans did, in the early 80's, and even the Swedes have the technology, as evidenced by a warship design. The plasma story was not confirmed, but it is promising research.

Posted by
coolguy (1)
Edit
Posted: September 2, 2003 (9:10 PM)
Hey!
I agree, Russians didn't built it yet. At least that's what we know about them. In addition, what do we know about most non-export versions of their weapons?
Anyways, Stealth is too expensive and the worst part is: it DO NOT work!
It is much cheaper to develop the radar to detect stealth. When new stealth technologies emerge - there are many other ways to detect stealth other than a regular radar. So, in my opinion Russians do not invest much in stealth technology for the reason that it is not reliable and simply do not work most of the time.
Would you buy a car that can't drive you from home to work and back? I think your answer would be no.
Russians sold nicely during cold war and Americans bought it. Big time! Spending billions and billions on worthless technology!
Where is American "Star Wars" program now? How much did American taxpayer paid for it? The outcome is ZERO!
Stealth technology the way it is right now worth nothing too!
I assume if we will see Russian stealth aircraft - it will be totally different than we know it right now. F-117 and B-2 are overpriced regular aircraft with diminished aerodynamic capabilities.
I hope it helps.

Posted by
Pixel (12)
Edit
Posted: December 16, 2003 (1:49 PM)
I won't be too negative on this aspect!

Granted, the Stealth American technology might show to little bang for the buck, but hey!. they got the planes �right?

Working or not, costing billions or not, the reality is that nobody else have the technology, the capacity or the money to afford stealth planes like american do.

As for achieving the estrategic role. you just saw it: 36 hours non-stop strait flights for the B-2 to enter Bosnia or Baghdad undetected!

Don't get me wrong, I do like the Russian approach for fighter design technology, but you just need to consider that both parties relies on total different aeronautical philosopies.

The Russians today gambles on the high maneuvrablility platform for close combat dog-fight aproach, whereas the Americans use the furtive stealth technology with the beyond visual range capability (BVR) for effective aerial supremacy.

�Wich one do you think has the clearest philosophical aproach?

Russians spect to encounter the American treat at close quarters, but this will never happen, simply because the American planes will blow them from very long distances without been detected.

If you think this is no true, show me then �What's the actual Russian policy that will eventually win over the American approach?

The best the Russians can trow at them, is the fifth generation Sukhoi S-37 transonic demonstrator, �But what possible treat it will represent if only wears fourth generation cockpit and avionics?

The F-22 Raptor will do circles around the Flanker family of Russian air superiority planes at far ranges!

Posted by
doron (11)
Edit
Posted: December 16, 2003 (4:47 PM)
Beautiful!
"Working or not. . ." - if I pay for something - I want it to work or I am not paying! Period!
I don't know about your source of information Pixel but Sukhoi and MiG fighters have the same missile range as any American fighters. In reality we do not know exact numbers.

Stealth is a myth and that is all to it. All B-2 and F-117's during Yugoslavia conflict were tracked as far as Moscow region in Russia as normal aircraft.

As for technology - Pentagon knows that Russia still have more up its sleeves than we know. What's an airforce without GPS, AWACS and coordination support? Nothing!
Russia demonstrated its capability to turn the satellites GPS off, knocking-out AWACS and many other crucial US supporting structures.
They were toying with Kitty Hawk Aircraft Carrier in a year 2000:
http://www.politrix.org/foia/unsorted/kitty-hawk-mail.htm

As for close air-to-air combat we better be ready, as Raptor has nothing against Sukhoi and MiG fighters. I mean nothing! What if missiles against MiGs will not work, then what. Up close and personal American fighters will be done very fast (provided adversary pilots know their business).

Today's military might is a gamble. There are issues like public opinion that may make any power to go bust. War is war and I hope we won't see one.

I respect your opinion but look at what's going on around. Government is trying to sell us new technologies that will not work against simple things. It's much easier and cheaper to build counter measures than a technology itself.
America spent millions of dollars on pen for the astronauts and Russians used pencil (? !). Does it make any sense at all? The most expensive pen in the whole world! And take a wildest guess who paid for this pen?
The same goes for stealth and overblown aircraft technologies like heat deflection etc. Modern sensors can detect temperature difference of 0.1 degree very far away.
There are many ways to track aircraft in the air besides simple radar signature and nothing replaces aircraft maneuverability! If you can't aim - you can't shot. If your enemy can aim and shot - you're very dead.
Just think about it.

Posted by
Pixel (12)
Edit
Posted: December 21, 2003 (5:39 PM)
Well, to many ifs.

The real fact is that the americans have the Stealth planes, they use them, they prove them in combat and they are combat ready �Did the Russians have something to counter this kind of readiness?

With a crumbling economy that cannot allow to display the so called Russian acrobatic Flanker display act, you`re gonna have grounded Flanker prototypes all over the place that cannot achieve duty fly, unless some tourist goes to Zhukowsky and paid the price for a 20 minute raid and help the Russians stay in the game!

�Come on. failing misiles? to many supositions, the real situation is that Americans have the proven technology while the Russians begs for some foreign contracts to stay in business.

I`m not an American, don`t have any tax issue against the American goverment, if the Americans spent their money in $1.000 dollar pens or $20.000 toillet paper on the Space shutlle �What`s this have to do with Stealth working or not?

They still got two horrendous accidents with this redundant technology while the Russians almost got a monumental fireworks show with the the conservative, practical and crude aproach on the MIR station!

The opposite aproach on both sides don`t garanty success, nobody knows if misiles, computers, tires, engines, or a $ 0.5 cent screw will work ?

But, while the Americans have combat ready Stealth squadrons with well organized operational structure the Russians only have Flanker prototypes with ourageous vectorial capacities that can`t reach enough numbers and operational capacity to make a diference.

Posted by
doron (11)
Edit
Posted: December 22, 2003 (7:34 PM)
Look Pixel, stating that: "But, while the Americans have combat ready Stealth squadrons . . ." - they DO NOT HAVE IT! Never did and never will. At least we will not see it.

Do not believe me - read "Popular Machanics" June or July 1998.

Posted by
Pixel (12)
Edit
Posted: December 23, 2003 (00:47 AM)
ejemm. �1998 Popular Mechanics?
Well, no wonder why you think they are not operational !

In case the Americans hadn`t lost the touch, and considering that 40 years has past since 1960, when JFK promise and delivered the man to the moon in less than 9 years.

.One only can figure what else they acomplished in the 6 years since you last read Popular Mechanics ?

Posted by
doron (11)
Edit
Posted: December 23, 2003 (00:54 AM)
no dude,
If "Popular Mechanics" describes how to defeat "Stealth" technology - imagine what Russians can do!

The whole concept was developed and cost about $1 per regular radar to read "Stealth" like an open book.

KGB planted stealth a long time ago as a long shot. It was bought big time and re-sold to the US taxpayer. Stealth setback is so huge moneywise - it blinded everybody. What if planes like F-117 or B-2 will start falling from the sky. Use your imagination what would happen after that!

What they gonna say? We didn't know that anti-stealth technology was invented before we have finished our first stealth aircraft? Or it would be something like: "Our intelligence overlooked that Tesla radars have had an anti-stealth technology incorporated since the mid 80's". What do you think the answer would be?

In fact it became so obvious - even "Popular Mechanics" in US published the article. If anyone elects to ignore it - fine.

Posted by
Pixel (12)
Edit
Posted: December 23, 2003 (2:56 AM)
hummm.
Since you apparently knows about this "ovious" flaw, and Popular Mechanics too (and probably a couple hundred million citizens)

�Don`t you think that the military also knows the Russians got this hipotetical countering Stealth device, since let`s say: 1998?

�Whats is this: Dumb & Dummer?

The Americans can be really stupid some times, I admit that, but in the case of Stealth technology (that you apparently seem to hate and deny), the proven facts of its existence, the openess of the American government towards the media being informed of it, the display of pirotecnics in Panama (1989), Irak (1991), Bosnia (1998), Serbia (1999), Afghanistan (2001), Irak (2003)
and the letality of its implementation.

Clearly tells me is a strong argument huge enough to clear any doubt, but you keep saying: DON'T EXIST, DON'T ASK, IT'S A FAKE!

Come on, give it a chance!

Reply to this threadRSS Feed 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6   Next...

Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

Home | Book a Flight | Flight Prices | Special Offers! | Price Guarantee | Price a Flight | - Order Process | Calendar | Zero-G Flights | Gift Certificates | Hotels | Spb. Hotels

Why FlyMiG.Com? | Aircraft | In the Media | Contact Us | Questions | Flight Stories | About Us | MAKS 2003 | MAKS 2005 | Updates

Avia X-change | Aviation Forum | Cool Stuff | Affiliates | Mail Lists | iPod | PostCards | Search | Links | Pilots

Del.icio.usDiggYahoo.RedditSlashDotTechnoratiTwitterBlinkListConnoteaFaceBookFurlGoogle.NewsVinePropeller.StumbleUponWindows Live

Honda CRX Si | Manuals |
   Copyright © FlyMiG.Com™ 2002 - 2024