Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

peru s mig-25
Monday, August 4, 2003 (1:22 AM)

Reply to this threadRSS Feed
Posted by
gabriel_gdz (2)
Edit
peru s mig-25
i just want to know if it's true that peru have bought 3 mig 25. doe's anyone knows about this

Posted by
dude (5)
Edit
RE: peru s mig-25
Posted: August 4, 2003 (4:24 PM)
I assume you meant Mig-29. According to AFM Peru bought Mig-29's in 1998 from Belarus:
"PERUVIAN PRESIDENT Alberto Fujimori confirmed on July 23 that the Fuerza Aerea del Peru (Peruvian Air Force) has taken delivery of 18 MiG-29 Fulcrums � the first time the actual number acquired has been officially announced.

Although initial reports had suggested that 18 was the total number to be acquired from Belarus, when they were formally commissioned into service last year, it was suggested that perhaps only 12 had been delivered.

Fears that there was no spares back-up for the aircraft have now been allayed following the visit to Peru of a Russian delegation from MAPO and Rosvooruzheniye in July, when an $8.9 million spares package was agreed."

I hope it answers your question.

Posted by
gabriel_gdz (2)
Edit
Posted: August 5, 2003 (4:38 PM)
recently i read that peru recently bought 3 mig-25 but i dont know if it is true.

Posted by
Grach25 (1)
Edit
Posted: November 4, 2003 (10:09 PM)
It's false,Peru bought 3 MiG-29SE(not MiG-25) in 1998,directly to Russia.

Posted by
Pixel (12)
Edit
Posted: December 12, 2003 (1:28 PM)
Besides �for what crazy motive Peru will need Mig-25 (Mig-31)?

This is and advance, long range, supersonic aircraft intended for interceptions of long range intercontinental Bombers, among its weapons are long range air to air missiles, similar to de Phoenix class american missiles, with ranges of 100 miles, suitable for BVR (Beyond Visual Range)

There is no actual treat of intercontinental Bombers in Southamerica, plus the geographic environment of the Andean region dictates that the required platform of choice will be of a total different kind, and not a Supersonic, Heavy punch, less maneuvrable juggernaut like the Mig-25 (Mig-31).

Its simply to much for the nesecities of the Peruvian Airforce.

Picture Link

Bomber Killer

Reply to this threadRSS Feed

Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

Home | Book a Flight | Flight Prices | Special Offers! | Price Guarantee | Price a Flight | - Order Process | Calendar | Zero-G Flights | Gift Certificates | Hotels | Spb. Hotels

Why FlyMiG.Com? | Aircraft | In the Media | Contact Us | Questions | Flight Stories | About Us | MAKS 2003 | MAKS 2005 | Updates

Avia X-change | Aviation Forum | Cool Stuff | Affiliates | Mail Lists | iPod | PostCards | Search | Links | Pilots

Del.icio.usDiggYahoo.RedditSlashDotTechnoratiTwitterBlinkListConnoteaFaceBookFurlGoogle.NewsVinePropeller.StumbleUponWindows Live

Honda CRX Si | Manuals |
   Copyright © FlyMiG.Com™ 2002 - 2024