Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

Sukhoi S-37 Berkut R/C Model
Friday, December 12, 2003 (1:52 PM)

Reply to this threadRSS Feed
Posted by
Pixel (12)
Edit
Sukhoi S-37 Berkut R/C Model
I got a Sukhoi S-37 Berkut Electric Ducted Fan Scale R/C model kit, Its a beauty,

I need some Scale research in order to reproduce the real appearance on the model, I had been serching for Scale Cockpits, marks and numbers with some success, however, one item I couldn�t have finish are the scale landing gears for the plane,

Want to know �Is there someone Who can help me in this matter? need some real close photos of the landing gears of the Berkut, a 3 views plan will be also of great help.

Picture Link

Manufacturer Display Model
(113 cms. Lenght, 88 cms. Wide, 2 Wemotec Fans, 2 Plettenberg electric motors)

Posted by
doron (11)
Edit
RE: Sukhoi S-37 Berkut R/C Model
Posted: December 12, 2003 (2:02 PM)
That is easy. Su-47 (Berkyt) uses the same landing gear as Su-27 as well as tail fins and front of the fuselage.

Posted by
Pixel (12)
Edit
Posted: December 14, 2003 (11:34 PM)
I don`t think so!

Probably the landing gear struts are the same, but you can clearly distinguish the different tipes of tires sets both have, here the Su-27 front landing gear shows only one tire, plus its respective mud cover.

Picture Link

on the other hand, the S-37 Berkut has a diferent tire set configuration, specially the front struts with double front tires and no mud cover.

Picture Link

So, clearly this shows us that altough similar, both the Su-27 and the S-37 presents different landing gears! Similar at first sight but a closer look show they are different, therefor, S-27 plan views or photos won`t do the job.

�Any other leads?

Posted by
kwilliam71 (1)
Edit
Posted: February 19, 2004 (9:10 PM)
Well I suppose you have probably found the answer to your question by now, but if not, Italeri makes a 1/72 scale Sukhoi S-37 Berkut plastic model that sells for around $15. I would think that manual to that would have tons of helpfull information. I saw one listed at http://www.ehobbies.com/mo-ita-01212.html.

By the way, great choice! What a beautiful plane.

Posted by
oxus (1)
Edit
Posted: February 23, 2004 (6:22 PM)
KWilliam,

Thanks for the lead on Italeri, but �m afraid I traveled that road too!

The German Manufacter of the R/C Kit suggested a Revell-Monogram 1/72 plastic model in order to imitate the balsa cover on the kit, I just did that, got the plastic kit, but with this models one has to spect always the unspected, in this case you don't know what you'll get until you open the box, I got a miserable set of landing gears plus other small parts with poor detail and a generic look, so, I guess Italeri, Hasegawa or any oder plastic kit on the market will represent a gamble until you open the box and see if the item you need comes in the right scale condition.

On this kind of kits (plastic, Styrene 1/72 models) they always rely on aftermarket kits from other brands so you can complete a decent modelable kit for dioramas or competition (translation: more money from your pocket). Specially the so called "litho-etching parts" wich are special detailed skiny parts made of metal, that otherwise can't be replicated in plastic.

Anyway, thanks for your interest, and I want to let you know I'm still looking for those "Close look" S-37 shots or detailed plan views of the landing gear

regards.

Reply to this threadRSS Feed

Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

Home | Book a Flight | Flight Prices | Special Offers! | Price Guarantee | Price a Flight | - Order Process | Calendar | Zero-G Flights | Gift Certificates | Hotels | Spb. Hotels

Why FlyMiG.Com? | Aircraft | In the Media | Contact Us | Questions | Flight Stories | About Us | MAKS 2003 | MAKS 2005 | Updates

Avia X-change | Aviation Forum | Cool Stuff | Affiliates | Mail Lists | iPod | PostCards | Search | Links | Pilots

Del.icio.usDiggYahoo.RedditSlashDotTechnoratiTwitterBlinkListConnoteaFaceBookFurlGoogle.NewsVinePropeller.StumbleUponWindows Live

Honda CRX Si | Manuals |
   Copyright © FlyMiG.Com™ 2002 - 2024