Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

American AURORA
Friday, February 27, 2004 (3:49 AM)

Reply to this threadRSS Feed
Posted by
FAT32 (6)
Edit
American AURORA
For long term.american USAF started the secret development of future generation aircraft, that under codename 'AURORA'.I also found some others info that saying this aircraft is much powerfull than existing aircraft and equippped with the new invisibility stealth technology that make it invisible to the human eye.Just want to know.it is true?.To make an aircraft invisible to radar and human eye?how can?.Are the russian also have the secret development aircraft too?.I hope so.

Posted by
Starcrystal (1)
Edit
RE: American AURORA
Posted: March 4, 2004 (7:31 PM)
The Aurora & TR-3B aircraft are the most recent stealth aircraft to my knowledge, though sightings are rare, and these have certainly not entered any active service, at least not officially.
Do the Russians have similar developments. My assumption would be "Yes."
It was common knowledge that the weapons guidance systems of the Mig-29 were superiour to American aircraft in the 1980's and 90's. Now with there being openess and the share of certain technology, that probably is not the case.
Although the Mig-29 did not actually fly until considerable time after the American F-15 Eagle, the plans and development were somewhat contemporary with it.
For these reasons I'd say the Russian developers have similar "Aurora" aircraft, but you might not see them in the skies for awhile.
Keep an eye out for "UFO's" in Russian skies.

Posted by
1question (7)
Edit
Posted: March 14, 2004 (00:59 AM)
It would be unheard of for an aircraft to be invisible to the human eye. Even glass can be seen by the eye. If some one were flying the plane they would be visible to say the least. The Russians 'might' have technology comparible to that of the aurora, but due to their current economical and budget crisis, I doubt that such a program would be funded by the government and therefore such a developmental program may not exist.

Posted by
hello (109)
Edit
Posted: March 14, 2004 (6:16 AM)
Look,
Glass could be seen by a naked eye but could you distinguish one glass from another in a pile of glass?
Could you see a sniper in a plain view laying 20 feet away under heavy disguise?
Stealth is not a straightforward discipline. For all I can say Japanese used "Stealth" technology of the time coming to the Pearl Harbor. It wouldn't work today though.
We hear "Russians . . . due to the economical situation" etc. etc. etc.
Who comes up with this stupid idea all the time? Russians never cared about their economical situation and never will. It�s all about stealing there.
Russians keep most of the World�s money and average person in Russia is pretty poor by American standards.
Russians always keep easy to apply technology right at hand - nuclear capabilities. Stealth is not exactly the subject they are willing to sink their money in. Why bother when you could buy a new castle or a Mercedes?
Anti-stealth - more likely and much cheaper.

As for �unheard of � - yes, we have heard of stealth: Pearl Harbor, countless helicopter rescue missions in Korea and Vietnam. American President flies a �Stealth� 747 for crying outloud (do you know where it will fly next and under which call sign, especially when President comes in a helicopter? If you do - you must be a Secret Service agent).
All you gotta do is put two and two together.
Stealth is achieved by many techniques and the radar signature is the last one of them. If you do not know where to look � you won�t see the enemy.
You could call the D-Day a stealth invasion, as Hitler didn't expect the attack there.
Stealth is: preparation, evasion of attention, speed, surprise and many other aspects.

Posted by
Greek (44)
Edit
Posted: January 25, 2006 (9:28 PM)
The Russians seem to have the answer already. Check out the "existence of Aurora" thread.

Posted by
1question (7)
Edit
Posted: February 12, 2006 (6:58 PM)
Note, when i am saying "stealth" i do not mean, merely avoiding detection, i mean, avoiding detection when you should be in plain sight, radar wise anyhow. A good example of my definition of stealth, is say, Desert Storm, in 1991. They shot and shot at the F-117 nighthawks, not one got hit, they were dark, exhaust went upward, hence invisible, and stealth didn't detect them. Stealth is a valuable aspect in warfare. Radar stealth. Finally, my point was against visual invisibilty. True "scientific" invisibilty as i have thought it to be, is alot like glass, but visible stelath, is just black. Where no light comes back to you. Radar "invisibility would be where radar waves go right through the aircarft.

Lastly, the russians would be sheerly incapable due to funds. Your statement about the russian wealth is contradictory. You say they are all poor, yet spend all their money on capital and Expensive cars. As I hear they spend their money on Yugos. And if they don't spend money on technology explain why they still have the most advanced technology in aircraft, ships, submarines etc. Everything except for the class of machinery used by the basic army (excluding the A-10), tanks, and guns.

Posted by
1question (7)
Edit
Posted: February 12, 2006 (7:06 PM)
Also, when i said "unheard of" i wasn't referring to stealth. We were both all over the place and consequently =acn't get our arguments right. And tell me, how are you going to get a 100+ foot long aircraft (30+ meter long)to blend in with the surroundings. Paint it black, fly it at night. How do you get it to blend in with radar. Stealth. Would be invisible to all but satelite based. where they could see the image flat black over the terrain. One reason why people might have called it "invisible" to the human eye, its way past mach speeds. IF one doesn't see it originally, then he hears the sonic boom, engine noise etc. he looks up for the plane. Vuala. the plane is already gone, before the sound is there.
Reply to this threadRSS Feed

Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

Home | Book a Flight | Flight Prices | Special Offers! | Price Guarantee | Price a Flight | - Order Process | Calendar | Zero-G Flights | Gift Certificates | Hotels | Spb. Hotels

Why FlyMiG.Com? | Aircraft | In the Media | Contact Us | Questions | Flight Stories | About Us | MAKS 2003 | MAKS 2005 | Updates

Avia X-change | Aviation Forum | Cool Stuff | Affiliates | Mail Lists | iPod | PostCards | Search | Links | Pilots

Del.icio.usDiggYahoo.RedditSlashDotTechnoratiTwitterBlinkListConnoteaFaceBookFurlGoogle.NewsVinePropeller.StumbleUponWindows Live

Honda CRX Si | Manuals |
   Copyright © FlyMiG.Com™ 2002 - 2024