Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

Sukhoi Su-47 Berkut
Sunday, March 14, 2004 (00:54 AM)

Reply to this threadRSS Feed
Posted by
1question (7)
Edit
Sukhoi Su-47 Berkut
One of the better planes out there. This plane aircraft could easily pose threat to the U.S.'s Lockheed Martin/Boeing A/F-22 Raptor. It has hints of stealth. Awesome maneuverability. One question though. What is the meaning of the Asymetrical "stingers" on the aft section of the plane? The "stinger" on the starboard(right) side is considerably longer that the one on the port(left) side.

Posted by
hello (109)
Edit
RE: Sukhoi Su-47 Berkut
Posted: March 14, 2004 (6:42 AM)
Man,
I do not know the capabilities of those pods but I can say a few things I know:
    - Su-47 is not a stealth aircraft (if it's black - it doesn't mean anything, probably just a matter of available paint at the time).
    - It's not posing any threat, as it is only a technological platform for the future development.
    - Only one Su-47 built.
    - It will never be mass-produced.

Posted by
storM (1)
Edit
Posted: April 23, 2004 (10:38 PM)
actualy the SU-47 model is now being reformed to be used as a fighter. so ive read. and i dont think hes talking about the paint making it stealth. it supposably has some kind of system that jams a enemys missle and causes it to miss(not flares. some kind of new technology . personaly i dought it works) . the same tech supposably helps make its signature weak or not show up on radar.

Posted by
ZackJ (1)
Edit
Posted: March 23, 2007 (7:21 PM)
Well the Su-47, while being in my opinion just a neat plane, is sadly not going to see production. Im assuming costs were to high and such, but it was meant to just be a "see we can do it" craft. Sorta like Lockheeds X-29. I wasnt aware of it having any stealth capabilities and I doubt it anyway, it has the same electronics as the Su-27 and its design isnt stealth. It was however an amazing air superiority craft (you can see vids on youtube). The inverted wings allowed for greater maneuverability and speed. truly a feat, especially if it had been mass produced. I dont think the Su-47 is going anywhere sadly, but a slew of its design features are being implimented in Sukoi's PAK-FA design. Actually Ive heard that PAK-FA will basically be the Su-47 sans the wings. The wings need to be made out of stronger materials that I would imagine are costly.

Its a shame really, because ive always looked at this craft as being my favorite jet-fighter design. It would be interesting to see how it would have fared with a weapons payload in sims. (Play Ace Combat 5, 0, or X for that. the Su-47 is in there as a combat craft and its SUPERB!)

Reply to this threadRSS Feed

Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

Home | Book a Flight | Flight Prices | Special Offers! | Price Guarantee | Price a Flight | - Order Process | Calendar | Zero-G Flights | Gift Certificates | Hotels | Spb. Hotels

Why FlyMiG.Com? | Aircraft | In the Media | Contact Us | Questions | Flight Stories | About Us | MAKS 2003 | MAKS 2005 | Updates

Avia X-change | Aviation Forum | Cool Stuff | Affiliates | Mail Lists | iPod | PostCards | Search | Links | Pilots

Del.icio.usDiggYahoo.RedditSlashDotTechnoratiTwitterBlinkListConnoteaFaceBookFurlGoogle.NewsVinePropeller.StumbleUponWindows Live

Honda CRX Si | Manuals |
   Copyright © FlyMiG.Com™ 2002 - 2024