Wallpaper

Russian Visa online

RC Clubs
Code your Mac
Manuals

Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

World s best fighter
Monday, July 5, 2004 (4:48 PM)

Reply to this threadRSS Feed 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7   Next...
Posted by
WinZSoe (42)
Edit
World s best fighter
Which fighter do you think the best one in the world? And Why?

I personally think F-22 is the best one . What do you think of it?

Posted by
hello (109)
Edit
RE: World s best fighter
Posted: July 5, 2004 (4:53 PM)
and why do you think F-22 is the best fighter in the World?

Posted by
WinZSoe (42)
Edit
Posted: July 5, 2004 (8:52 PM)
just guess. U.S said its fighter is the best one in the world. Why don't you agree it?

I think Russian aircrafts are great but U.S has stronger Research & Development system because of its Robust Economics. What is your opinion?

Posted by
hello (109)
Edit
Posted: July 5, 2004 (10:39 PM)
I am a dickhead.sorry

Posted by
pixl (1)
Edit
Posted: July 7, 2004 (00:32 AM)
Well, I do love Russian Fighters, Specially my beloved S-37 (47) Berkut (I got an RC/ Scale ducted fan Model), but on the interest of aviation, I got to admit that right now there is nothing better than the F-22 raptor (`am from Colombia, don`t live in the US and never see the USAF infomercials)

Simply put: F-22 has Stealth tecnology (wich no Russian operative fighter has today), got internal weapons bay, state of the art defence systems and avionics (latests generation, whilst advance demonstrator like S-37 Berkut has a 4th generation cockpit on to a 5th generation Fuselage), it also has Supercruise (supersonic flight attained without the use of post-combustion), on top of that it has BVR (Beyond Visual Range) technology that enables the destruction of targets well beyond the visible horizon, the best Russians can put on the field is the Supermaneuvrable Su-37 with vectorial trust.

Great dancers, beautifull aerial ballet, but for no use against and invisible juggernaut, that can fly forever with unlimited speed on the overall envelope, digital supremacy, proven armament and integrated weapons delivery system with the capability to knock out your teeth from the other side of the moon.

What can you do to counteract this mogul? Championship Aerobatics that will give you gold medal but send you down on flames?

F-22 Raptor is the most incredible and powerful aircraft platform
the human race has ever put on the skies of the planet, period.

Posted by
pxel (6)
Edit
Posted: July 8, 2004 (6:13 PM)
True, it hasn`t enter service YET! but. their number are increasing day by day, latest news accounted for almost 10 F-22 built to date, How long do you think it'll take the air force to have F-22 operative squadrons?

on the contrary, you are talking about a Mig 1.44 that it's laying frosting its fuselage in some forgotten Russian Hangar at Monino, just one lousy Mig 1.44 demostrator, grounded because lack of founding
(read the small text: Russian economy is almost broken, no money no fly!)

As you may see, the Raptor although expensive its been produce to conform in short time real operative Air Force squadrons, F-22 is the real thing!

The F-22 program started way back to 1990, by the time the Gulf war ended (1991) the F-22 had won the contract for the Air Superiority Fighter over the Northrop YF-23 (also a stealth plane).

More than a decade has past, the program has faced budget cuts and rescesions, still the americans have been able to bring the plane to operative status.

Mig 1.44 has show nothing! Just because its main designer said its the greatest thing since the invention of the wheel doesn't mean its a fact! The fact is that Mig 1.44 had finish 2 lausy flights in its entire program, program wich by the way is for a DEMONSTRATOR, meaning that it will never be such a thing as a "Mig 1.44" flying all over Russia nor any other place in the world.

People think that S-37 Berkut and Mig 1.44 are planes that are just ready to roll out of the assembly line, the truth is that they are just demonstrators of new TECNOLOGIES, new technologys that are well behind american technology.

Although Russians got great designs and are proven masters of the aerodynamics and the brute and simple aircraft construction techniques, they lag miserable behind the Americans state of the art Avionics, Digital technology, composite construction, Stealth technology, training and integration of weapons systems.

Posted by
Flanker (73)
Edit
Posted: July 12, 2004 (4:40 AM)
NeoDiamond says the truth. F 22 has no progress. I really don't like it. All we have seen small videos on the stupid and nonprofessional Disc. Channel about F22 and the so called "Advanced Technologies". Who believes? We haven't seen maneuverability, we have seen only flying and take off and a boring advertisement.

Go on, NeoDiamond. Sorry for the stupid comment about the Soyuz rocket, yes, I know that I said false things, but I don't remember names of rockets, I am interested in military aviation, especially in modern and . russian, I am not russian, I am from Bulgaria ans I see the horrible situation in our Bulgarian Air Force, we have got only 4 helicopters, that are flying, no mig 29, only mig 21, small amount of su 25 and we even stopped operating of mig 23.
I say proudly: I'm sorry about my rocket comment

Posted by
pxel (6)
Edit
Posted: July 16, 2004 (1:04 PM)
I think you`ll be sitting long time waiting, the y change their doctrine and don`t bet on acrobatics a maneuvrability anymore!

Sad thing, we won't see dod fights anymore!

Posted by
Narc (1)
Edit
Posted: September 4, 2004 (1:26 AM)
Mig 144 vs. F-22?
Mig 1.44
-Supposedly higher maximum speed
This is likely due to larger engine, and delta wing design.
-Higher payload capacity
Unlikely, perhaps more pounds of weight. However the F-22 is designed to equip external pylons as well (at the expense of stealth) And just because 144 has a larger body doesn't mean it has larger capacity.
-Stealth
Also unlikely. Right angles are the single largest creator of RCS that there is. And one can count numerous right angles from every direction when observing the Mig 144.

Also bear in mind Mikoyan has a vested interest in merely producing good fighters.
American companies have an interest in producing good fighters that someone can actually afford to put into production. If anything history should teach you that you often get what you pay for, insinuating an aircraft that costs so much less to be superior is laughable.
The only advantage the Mig 144 has it that it is faster than F-22. Its delta wing design precludes it from being as manuverable, and I must point out one thing. Americans are known for downplaying their own combat abilities for obvious reasons. Both Sukhoi and Mikoyan are known to have seriously overinflated the testimoney of what their aircraft are capable of.
The Mig-25 is just one of mnay perfect examples

Posted by
hello (109)
Edit
RE: World's best fighter
Posted: November 1, 2004 (2:42 AM)
NeoDiamond,
I agree with many things you have said. Just wanted to add a couple of my own.
Speed, maneuverability, electronics, radars etc. is good when you know what you could do with those.

Past wars with third countries show that even MiG-29 in hands of untrained pilot nothing more than a piece of hardware (don't wanna to go further here).
Anyways. I think I have mentioned it here before.

What's US has to offer in case of a real combat (combined forces)? How real adversary going to react?
In my opinion they first putt down all GPS - 50% tactical lost right here for the US.
They'll use 100% anti-stealth radars - another 30% lost.
Russia in particular has a very good chance to shot down in first hour all AWACS-es in the area - another 50% loss on US side. You'll ask what's left now, right?
What's left is really trained pilots (to keep the point here on best fighter) who knows how to fly their aircraft and there will be a lot of dog fights.
Please tell me what's F-22 or F-15 has to offer against Su-27 or even older models of Su and MiGs ? All those unmanned fighters will go to scrap.

There will be very interesting to see CNN and what they will report. But hey, that's just me and as an individual I could be wrong!

Posted by
Su47 (3)
Edit
Posted: February 2, 2005 (8:30 AM)
He guys,

Generally spoken you can say that the Americans have superior technology and that the Russians build better planes. I heard that the Russians dared the Americans to combat their Su-47. The Americans never responded. It's pretty sad seeing the Americans spend billions of dollars in Research & Development in order to develop their cloaking devices and that a student at a Technical University finds a relatively simple way to counteract the stealth technology.

Su-47

Reply to this threadRSS Feed 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7   Next...

Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

Home | Book a Flight | Flight Prices | Special Offers! | Price Guarantee | Price a Flight | - Order Process | Calendar | Zero-G Flights | Gift Certificates | Hotels | Spb. Hotels

Why FlyMiG.Com? | Aircraft | In the Media | Contact Us | Questions | Flight Stories | About Us | MAKS 2003 | MAKS 2005 | Updates

Avia X-change | Aviation Forum | Cool Stuff | Affiliates | Mail Lists | iPod | PostCards | Search | Links | Pilots

Del.icio.usDiggYahoo.RedditSlashDotTechnoratiTwitterBlinkListConnoteaFaceBookFurlGoogle.NewsVinePropeller.StumbleUponWindows Live

Honda CRX Si | Manuals |
   Copyright © FlyMiG.Com™ 2002 - 2024