Why did U.S accused USSR of stealing Spa...
Home
Book a Flight
Flight Prices
Special Offers!
Price Guarantee
Price a Flight
- Order Process
Calendar
Zero-G Flights
Gift Certificates
Hotels
Spb. Hotels

Why FlyMiG.Com?
Aircraft
In the Media
Contact Us
Questions
Flight Stories
About Us
MAKS 2003
MAKS 2005
Updates

Avia X-change
Aviation Forum
Cool Stuff
Affiliates
Mail Lists
iPod
PostCards
Search
Links
Aviation Books
Videos
Wallpaper

Russian Visa online

RC Clubs
Code your Mac
Manuals

Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

Why did U.S accused USSR of stealing Space Shuttle Technology?
Thursday, July 8, 2004 (00:59 AM)

Reply to this threadRSS Feed
Posted by
WinZSoe (42)
Edit
Why did U.S accused USSR of stealing Space Shuttle Technology?
U.S accused USSR of stealing its Space Shuttle Technology in bulding Buran Shuttle. Any discussion?

Posted by
pxel (6)
Edit
RE: Why did U.S accused USSR of stealing Space Shuttle Technology?
Posted: July 8, 2004 (7:11 PM)
hummm.

Somebody Know about the K-Directorade?
Is (was) nothing more that the KGB division in charge of all the industrial spionage operations all over the western world, and specially the US.

They just went into a rampage all over the entire American Military Industrial Complex to steal, grab, take, copy or imitate any available technolgy that will serve the great USSR!

1944, in the middle of the war, Russians were allies, a bunch of B-29 bombers flew a long leg tru Alaska and Siberia in its way to Europe, one of them suffered a malfuntion and landed in russian territory, the clever Russians grab the plane, dismatled it, copy every single piece, part an bolt, later they reasembled the plane and returned it to its owners after the war was over.

They went into a remarkable feat of inventivness, they reverse engineer the entire plane and got the Tupolev Tu-4, a carbon copy of the B-29 (there is even a Museum in Russia that displays how this was done). In the proces they obtained an intercontinental strategic bomber, wich at the time they didn`t have! The Tu-4 started a great line of russian intercontinental family of bombers, Tupolev grabed this portion of the military aeronautic market in Russia, started a great lineage of bombers like the Bear family of planes, the Tu-95 being one of the most important.

All started with the Tupolev-4, a B-29 reversed engineered from the Americans!

�Want more? We can continue with this long date "copy tradition" of the soviets.
We can chat here for ages talking about all the technology that the Russians had stolen over the decades. One can talk about the Mig-15, perhaps the most important of all the Russian fighters. This too, was concieved by grabing all the left-overs from the German jet technology of war war II, theyre aerodynamic discoveries and particularly the wing design of the Me-262 in wich the Russians based its conceptions for the Mig-15, not to mention on how they copied and reverse engineered a British turbine, the Rolls-Royce Nene, wich eventually ended powering the Mig-15!

So �Did the Russians copied the Space Shuttle to make their Buran?
my answer: You Bet!

Posted by
hello (109)
Edit
Posted: July 9, 2004 (2:02 AM)
Right,
I'd say Americans stole Buran since USSR was first in space if I follow your logic. Buran is so much different inside that it has nothing to do with shuttle.
It's that the idea of the shuttle as a vihicle could bring designers to similar looking aircraft so I do not know who stole what for sure but I know for sure that Americans stole the rocket fuel from USSR. If not for USSR rocket fuel - Americans would still be flying their rockets no higher than 100 feet just to blow up in-front of the cameras.
Dude. Everybody stole here and there many things.
MiG-15 used Rolls-Royce engine (which in-turn was stolen from Germans) that was lost to KGB in billiard (actually the sale was lost, not the engine) but US got Mig-15 from the Korean (was it?) defector and were amazed by the power of the guns and well built aircraft.
As it is mentioned above - we could chat here for long long time. Please do not tell that USSR stole everything and other countries just developed things for them to be stolen. Most of the world technologies developed by the USSR scientists including but not limited by:
fastest torpedo, Cat scan mathematics, automated flux hight speed welding (used by robots), space rocket fuel, fastest and quietest submarines, fastest planes, first remote controlled bomber (WWII they bombed Berlin in 1942), penicillin (British registered it first but USSR had it long before them). We can go on and on and on here.

We could accuse US in stealing stealth technology (or could we?) as it is based on work of USSR mathematician Ufimtcev.
I strongly suspect the whole concept was planted by KGB just to drain as much resources from American taxpayer as possible.

USSR didn't steal B-29 because they liked stealing. Country was in ruins and needed to rebuild everything fast. No wonder they we trying to grab anything they can get their hands on. Zeiz production line, jet and rocket technology and many more things in Germany during and after the WWII. They were entitled too. Nation lost the biggest amount of population during that war and was drained to the limits. 40 Million people to lose is no joke.

Posted by
hello (109)
Edit
Posted: July 9, 2004 (12:55 PM)
name a few US technologies developed by the US
and name a one scientist stolen by USSR from the US ? or is it the US who based their scientists core in large on Russian scientists ? Am I wrong here?

Posted by
hello (109)
Edit
Posted: July 9, 2004 (4:16 PM)
well, I didn't say products, I said technologies.
just to be on the same page M-16 rifle killed more American soldiers then probably the enemy by jumming on them. It's screwed-up overpriced product. Kalashnikov beats it any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Posted by
pxel (6)
Edit
Posted: July 13, 2004 (11:47 PM)
is this a tricky question?

New Technologies?.hummm.

Well, for starters What do you think of. the CAR!
but this youll probably say is another Russian invention and perhaps Henry Ford was born in Moscow.je.je.

figuring you are hard to please, and thinking that some stupid rocket fuel that nobody has ever heard off is the best russian can come with as a technological marvel.

What about the amazing invention of all. the electric BULB LIGHT!
What? do you think Edison has son sort of russian ancestry?

Lest keep going. The AIRPLANE!
unless the Wright name comes from Siberia, eh?

The ATOMIC BOMB! that Russians resurcefully copied.
By inventing the Atomic Bomb (sad invention) with the help of geniuses and Physisyst of all over the world: Germans, jews, Austrians, British, Italians, all except Russians.

They also came with the COMPUTER!
that right know, in this moment you are happylly using.

Along with yet, another american invention. The INTERNET!

And we can go, on and on with real inventions that really chaged the world, and not some stupid rocket fuel, wich by the way was extracted fron underneath the earth with another american invention: the oil extraction DRILLING HEAD! way back in the 1880's that started the oil exploration all over the world.

Posted by
Flanker (73)
Edit
Posted: July 16, 2004 (10:23 AM)
pxel, you made me very angry! Sorry for word "er", but you are one of those, that hate Russia, maybe you are like your father, a son of the Cold War, whos brain is full with bullshit, because during the Cold War US government filled US citizen brains with bullshits.
First of all, the computer was invented by the bulgarian John Atanasov, he was a bulgarian, who lived in the US and he was a professor, and he is the first man, who talked about computer and during the Second World War the US army had the first computer systems, they were not like the today's PC certainly, but this was the first computer and John Atanasov, in bulgarian John is Ivan, followed working on computer systems and he did a great job until he died in the 80's. He is the father of the computer and the last year, 2003, even Bill Gates came in Bulgaria to celebrate the anniversary of Atanasov. Second I don't remember any austrian,
italian, who had invented anything really interesting.
And don't remember: Russia is maybe the leader in space and aircraft technologies, yes, they coppied some planes, US coppied russian planes too, but there are many, many space technologies that Russian engineers invented. Edisson is maybe the only american who did really a good job. And I am not sure if he is an american, because there is not such nation, people came in America from West and East Europe, Asia and the whole other world, and it became a mixture.
It is not proud to say that the americans invented the A-bomb, because they first and last used it against ordinary people, they killed so many people and even their children suffer from this american "invention". Shame on you for this american "invention". But the stupid Japanese can't realise it, or maybe they realise it, but can't do anything.
Shame on you! Russian A-bomb was from another type, this prooves that russians didn't coppied the bomb, they only needed some details, simply the russian a-bomb is not the same.
Internet is an american, but it is not so important, because it is not healthy and fruitful for children, it affects on their social development adn is maybe little bit dangerous.
And about the cars: european cars are best, your american producers form GM make such ridiculous cars, that we in Europe can't imagine they can exist. You don't have a working car market. US consumers buy those stupid cars, big and ugly and without special characteristics and when an european guy goes to the US he can't believe that in front of his eyes stays such a ridiculous thing, that is called a car.
What else do you want, buddy? (Son of the Cold War, who lives with the ghost of the Cold War. Churchil is really bad man, he invented the words "cold war", it means that he was the first who began the cold war, buddy)

And after all: stop thinking about eastern european countries as people there are second hand people, even more, those people are clever and are interested in many profiles, but the americans are only interested in their own ing life and make wars everywhere, like the Roman Empire they will fall down and they will be a lesson for the future generations, that peace is the only measure for the new future way of life, when technologies will be more helpul.

Sorry for being so angry, but I couldn't stand when I read it.

Posted by
Flanker (73)
Edit
Posted: July 19, 2004 (4:23 AM)
pxel, they mean new technologies, better techs, in doing those machines - airplanes - military, and partly civil, although they are not so famous.
And better don't be so ridiculous! If you live with the ghost of the Cold War, we don't have it in our minds. Yes, your government did its job well, don't be a brainless person. You know what I mean.

Posted by
pxel (6)
Edit
Posted: July 19, 2004 (8:15 PM)
Angry, insolent, Agressive and still trying to fight with the first person that cross your path?

There is no case with you, keep insulting! its the only thing you do.

Reply to this threadRSS Feed

Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

Home | Book a Flight | Flight Prices | Special Offers! | Price Guarantee | Price a Flight | - Order Process | Calendar | Zero-G Flights | Gift Certificates | Hotels | Spb. Hotels

Why FlyMiG.Com? | Aircraft | In the Media | Contact Us | Questions | Flight Stories | About Us | MAKS 2003 | MAKS 2005 | Updates

Avia X-change | Aviation Forum | Cool Stuff | Affiliates | Mail Lists | iPod | PostCards | Search | Links | Pilots

Del.icio.usDiggYahoo.RedditSlashDotTechnoratiTwitterBlinkListConnoteaFaceBookFurlGoogle.NewsVinePropeller.StumbleUponWindows Live

Honda CRX Si | Manuals |
   Copyright © FlyMiG.Com™ 2002 - 2024