Did Russian really challenge U.S stealth...
Home
Book a Flight
Flight Prices
Special Offers!
Price Guarantee
Price a Flight
- Order Process
Calendar
Zero-G Flights
Gift Certificates
Hotels
Spb. Hotels

Why FlyMiG.Com?
Aircraft
In the Media
Contact Us
Questions
Flight Stories
About Us
MAKS 2003
MAKS 2005
Updates

Avia X-change
Aviation Forum
Cool Stuff
Affiliates
Mail Lists
iPod
PostCards
Search
Links
Aviation Books
Videos
Wallpaper

Russian Visa online

RC Clubs
Code your Mac
Manuals

Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

Did Russian really challenge U.S stealth aircraft with their Anti-Stealth Radar?
Thursday, July 8, 2004 (8:51 PM)

Reply to this threadRSS Feed
Posted by
WinZSoe (42)
Edit
Did Russian really challenge U.S stealth aircraft with their Anti-Stealth Radar?
I need some information for this topic in English. If it really happend, why didn't U.S show up to do it?

Posted by
anticommi (33)
Edit
RE: Did Russian really challenge U.S stealth aircraft with their Anti-Stealth...
Posted: October 20, 2004 (10:18 AM)
not really!
As SU long time ago didn't even bother to distinguish between "stealth" (as SR-71 back then) and non-stealth aircraft. They all were on the scope always. SR-71 was quite easy to learn for radar operators and they ware able to tell apart which of the SR-71 is on the scope.
Samo goes for F-117 and B-2 nowdays.

Posted by
Engineer (1)
Edit
RE: Did Russian really challenge U.S stealth aircraft with their Anti-Stealth...
Posted: January 7, 2005 (10:15 AM)
Well, if I designed one (S4S), why couldn't another good engineer do the same? Look back at the history of the PC - there was no single inventor, the time was right, all of the prerequisite parts were available, many people were working on it.

http://www.gtwn.net/~keith.peshak/S4S.htm

Posted by
terra (1)
Edit
Posted: January 9, 2005 (1:13 PM)
yes,the russians did challenge U.S stealth aircraft.Their design was much better than the american one because their design does not hamper the agility of their plane and also is much cheaper than their american counterpart.they built a stealt design based on a plasma screen around the aircraft whereas the american design is based on materials and design that deflect enemy radar.The plasma screen design is much better because it is lightweight and also less costly.

Posted by
hello (109)
Edit
RE: Did Russian really challenge U.S stealth aircraft with their Anti-Stealth.
Posted: January 9, 2005 (2:18 PM)
terra,
Where is at least a prototype? I am not against Russian technology but I am looking facts in the face. Where is it?

Posted by
ownageNL (28)
Edit
Posted: January 30, 2007 (8:44 AM)
if i remember it right, the
us also worked on Plasma stealth but couldnt make it function right.

plasma absorbs the radar particles rather than pointing them to another direction.

But , creating the plasma was difficult + to make it function they had to keep the plasma under electricity wich Was detectable.

Making active stealth work is a 10x touger job than passive and thats the reason the american choose the passive way.
Passive stealth has its flaws but the US already made models who are already in production (f117, b2, f22). russians only have a test model atm (s37 , su47 Berkut).

Seems that the russians have problems in making active plasma stealth work. But i am sure they will make it work and it will make the russian airforce fearfull (it already is, but more ;) )

i am very interested in the Pakfa , if it will have passive plasma stealth wich cannot be detectable on the electic shield around the plane.

greetz.

(i am new here , and very eager to learn from all you guys and girls here. (i am not pro us, pro russian or pro europe if it comes to weapon systems. whats the best , its the best and i dont care from wich country it comes from)

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
Posted: January 30, 2007 (9:40 AM)
Russia put for sale in 1999 plasma shield, the 1st gen. Now, they have 3rd gen. The difference? 1st gen didn't let your radar to work well and comunication same. 3rd generation let you to do that job.

Posted by
ownageNL (28)
Edit
RE: Did Russian really challenge U.S stealth aircraft with their Anti-Stealth.
Posted: January 30, 2007 (2:08 PM)
i see

yes now i rember that was a problem to , with the plasma shield activated it would intefere with communication , its good that it is solved with gen 3.

but.

to the plasma to function it will need a constant current on it (electricity) wich is detectable.

a) is this true , and yes did they solve it

otherwise i see a realy killer plane coming up from the russians.

from the netherlands with love ;)

ownageNL

Posted by
Rediculous (15)
Edit
Plasma Stealth
Posted: July 2, 2007 (11:46 AM)
I read in a previous thread that the Russians supposedly have "proven" stealth capability far superior to the US that they call plasma stealth.

ehhh boy. where to begin with this one?
How bout I ask a few questions about plasma sealth.
1. How would you mask the MASSIVE IR signiture of a plasma cloud?
2. How would the plasma stealthy plane be able to use its own radar?
3. How would the plane house a generator large enough to emitt this large plasma cloud?
4. How would one mask the plane visually? A plasma cloud glows like a fireball and will be seen for miles.
5. How in the hell would this generator, small enough to efficiently fit on a fighter, be capable of sustaining a uniform plasma shield around the entire airframe with the turbulent airflow over the structure that comes with simply moving through the air, let alone mach speeds? Remember, one gap in the cloud will ruin the stealth.

I would appreciate any explanation that involes facts.

Really sounds like a pipe dream to me. I'll believe it when I see it.

Reply to this threadRSS Feed

Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

Home | Book a Flight | Flight Prices | Special Offers! | Price Guarantee | Price a Flight | - Order Process | Calendar | Zero-G Flights | Gift Certificates | Hotels | Spb. Hotels

Why FlyMiG.Com? | Aircraft | In the Media | Contact Us | Questions | Flight Stories | About Us | MAKS 2003 | MAKS 2005 | Updates

Avia X-change | Aviation Forum | Cool Stuff | Affiliates | Mail Lists | iPod | PostCards | Search | Links | Pilots

Del.icio.usDiggYahoo.RedditSlashDotTechnoratiTwitterBlinkListConnoteaFaceBookFurlGoogle.NewsVinePropeller.StumbleUponWindows Live

Honda CRX Si | Manuals |
   Copyright © FlyMiG.Com™ 2002 - 2024