Monday, January 17, 2005 (6:03 AM)

Reply to this threadRSS Feed
Posted by
Karakondzul (11)
Edit
Questions for you!
Greetings to all of you!

I got some questions:
For you which is the best light fighter in the world? And which is the second in your classification?
The same question about the best heavy fighter and second in your classification.

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
RE: Questions for you!
Posted: January 17, 2005 (8:22 AM)
Neodiamond - says right.

In the future probably will be I-2000 and F-35.

Posted by
Karakondzul (11)
Edit
Posted: January 18, 2005 (2:55 AM)
I think I-2000 (if we talk about the jet that "RSK MiG" wants to build together with Iran aviation companies) for the Iranian air force will be not the best fighter. Maybe because MiG doesn't pays so much attention to the project, even there is not a prototype of this machine. but certainly I sware I liked it immediately I saw it. It is beautiful, but let's see the Fighter of Sukhoi, which electronic prototype is ready and the Chief of the russian air force said he is pleased and satisfied by the CAD-CAM version of the plane (I mean the computer simulation of the jet). The prototypes will be build in 2007 and they are sure they will fly, because of the advanced CAD-CAM technologies. We don't have information about the size of the plane (will it be light weight or heavy weight), but there are more and more rumours that the PAK-FA will be middle weight, because Russia doesn't have much money as in USSR era and they can't build two types of fighters (heavy and light just as Su-27 and MiG-29 or F-15 and F-16). But although there will be a training plane, which will play the role of light weight fighter, probably or for sure he was talking about Yak-130, because this plane possess all stealth characteristics and even more, it can be used not only as a training plane, it is a little more "sturmovik" = fighter-bomber, it has advanced electronic equipment, which certainly will be upgraded more and more times until 2010. It can land and take off in small distances, it means it can be used on mobile, middle-weight aircraft-carriers, which Russia will build in the next decade.

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
Posted: January 18, 2005 (3:30 PM)
When you talk about PAk-FA you mean T-50 (not korean). T-50 will enter in service in 2010 and will be lighter than Sukhoi 27 and havier than MiG 29.

Posted by
Karakondzul (11)
Edit
Posted: January 19, 2005 (1:49 AM)
It is doubtfull about the name (I mean T-50), it is made only for the journalists, it is more a plastic toy than a real prototype. The name of PAK-FA will be connected with Sukhoi, Su-. But it is still early for the name.

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
Posted: January 20, 2005 (6:13 AM)
Thanks for link but some of us (like me) don't know to read in russian, and there is no version in english.
Reply to this threadRSS Feed

Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

Home | Book a Flight | Flight Prices | Special Offers! | Price Guarantee | Price a Flight | - Order Process | Calendar | Zero-G Flights | Gift Certificates | Hotels | Spb. Hotels

Why FlyMiG.Com? | Aircraft | In the Media | Contact Us | Questions | Flight Stories | About Us | MAKS 2003 | MAKS 2005 | Updates

Avia X-change | Aviation Forum | Cool Stuff | Affiliates | Mail Lists | iPod | PostCards | Search | Links | Pilots

Del.icio.usDiggYahoo.RedditSlashDotTechnoratiTwitterBlinkListConnoteaFaceBookFurlGoogle.NewsVinePropeller.StumbleUponWindows Live

Honda CRX Si | Manuals |
   Copyright © FlyMiG.Com™ 2002 - 2024