Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

two problems for Russia
Tuesday, January 18, 2005 (00:37 AM)

Reply to this threadRSS Feed
Posted by
WenASe (68)
Edit
two problems for Russia
Ukraine will be one of the members of NATO soon under the pro-Western president Yuchenko administration. This case will be a headache for Russia politically and technologically. Politically, Russia will have to pay more attention to its military in order to confront NATO troops near its border. Russia became bounded by hegemonic axis organization that is NATO. Technologically, Russian military technology was stolen and analyed by U.S technological-analysts because Ukraine has so many Russian strategic military hardwares and secrets. Russian have to develop something new and advanced weapons in order to figure this problem out.

Do you agree?

Posted by
Karakondzul (11)
Edit
RE: two problems for Russia
Posted: January 18, 2005 (3:10 AM)
WenAse, partly you are right, but let's say as russian politicians has answered the same question. Ukraine is not a problem for Russia, yes certainly it was better that Yanukovich could win the presidential elections, it would be better for the russian speaking citizens in Ukraine (we talk about the half of Ukraine). and they live in the industry rich regions in Eastern Ukraine. When I read the interview with Yuschenko after he won the elections, I realized that he will follow the policy of the previous president Leonid Kuchma, the policy to Russia, they will follow the socio-economic integration with Russia and Belarus (I hope the belarus president will fly away soon), I realised he is not so stupid, he is a little bit sly, but clever. He sees Russian economy is growing up after 1999, the last 5 years were years of growth, success and constant progress. And Ukraine is poor country, EU will not receive them with open arms definitely, they have other problems with the new 10 countries they added, and they have ENOUGH problems with my country - Bulgaria and our north neighbour Romania too. Ukraine is maybe the last in the EU list, they even didn't begin negotiations with the European Union structures for the future Ukraine joining. So, Yushenko knows that, he simply had more money, better marketing policy and won the presidential elections. But he definitely is not a problem for Russia.

When we talk about russian molitary technologies in Ukraine, I am not worried. First of all Ukraine doesn't possess advanced russian technologies, Ukraine has certainly Su-27 and MiG-29, but they are the first variants of the airplanes, their electronic equipment is form the middle of the 80's. So, even when we imagine that US analysts take a look at those planes, it will be not dangerous for Russia, Russia is modernising its NiG-29 fleet to MiG-29SMT variant and Su-27S, P to Su-27SM variant, The same is the situation with the Su-25SM and Su-24M.

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
RE: two problems for Russia
Posted: January 18, 2005 (2:56 PM)
I from Romania (as I said). I don't think Russia wil abort easly Ukraine in any kind of situation. EU import from Russia oil and many many gas. Price are growing up (same situation in RO). If Ukraine don't want to do what Russia says there will be cut of oil and gas, and any other dificulties that Russia can do for Ukraine will do with pleasure. Is same case like Belarus.

I think Ukraine will never enter in NATO and EU.
Berlin wall in modernised mode will be between my country Romania and Ukraine. Sorry for my brothers moldavians. Moldavia is romanian land (Transnistria aren't). Transnistria is ukrainian land but at south of Transnistria (at north of Danube Delta)is romanian land (now is ukrainian).

Reply to this threadRSS Feed

Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

Home | Book a Flight | Flight Prices | Special Offers! | Price Guarantee | Price a Flight | - Order Process | Calendar | Zero-G Flights | Gift Certificates | Hotels | Spb. Hotels

Why FlyMiG.Com? | Aircraft | In the Media | Contact Us | Questions | Flight Stories | About Us | MAKS 2003 | MAKS 2005 | Updates

Avia X-change | Aviation Forum | Cool Stuff | Affiliates | Mail Lists | iPod | PostCards | Search | Links | Pilots

Del.icio.usDiggYahoo.RedditSlashDotTechnoratiTwitterBlinkListConnoteaFaceBookFurlGoogle.NewsVinePropeller.StumbleUponWindows Live

Honda CRX Si | Manuals |
   Copyright © FlyMiG.Com™ 2002 - 2024