Wallpaper

Russian Visa online

RC Clubs
Code your Mac
Manuals

Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

What happened to my nickname?!
Thursday, March 3, 2005 (1:27 PM)

Reply to this threadRSS Feed 1 | 2   Next...
Posted by
FireFly (47)
Edit
What happened to my nickname?!
Hello, I'm the known nickname(Handle) SukhoiLover

I have lost my Neckname 3 days ago. All my posts were deleted. and I couldn't even use my nickname anymore. I sent the Webmaster an email 2 days ago. But not reply.

Can any one help?

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
RE: What happened to my nickname?!
Posted: March 3, 2005 (2:57 PM)
You maybe post from another PC.
I was Sukhoi but now I'm Sukhoy.

Posted by
FireFly (47)
Edit
Posted: March 3, 2005 (10:22 PM)
I only use my home PC. I never change it at all.

Who's the administrator here? I sent an email to the webmaster. but he never replied me!

Posted by
FireFly (47)
Edit
Posted: March 3, 2005 (10:31 PM)
Sukhoy, tell me. when you lost your ex-nickname (Sukhoi), were all your previous posts deleted with nick: Sukhoi ?

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
Posted: March 4, 2005 (5:04 AM)
No, but it sent me a message that my nickname was taken by another.
But all replays are still there.

Some bugs of this forum maybe.Sorry.

Posted by
hello (109)
Edit
Posted: March 5, 2005 (8:33 PM)
Sukhoy,
It could be that your first handle just did dry-out!

Posted by
Administrator (5)
Edit
Posted: March 5, 2005 (8:51 PM)
As for the handles being taken-out - guys, please read the text of the massages printed by the server while posting.

System must have lost your computer registration due to many factors (your cookies no longer there as browser could only keep a limited number of them).

Please verify yourself with handle you have and you will have no problem.
When the following line appears: "If you are "Your_Handle", please verify your handle.".

I can see why it happens if you browse a lot of pages besides this server or if you are using some sort of firewall that denies variables.

Post your questions here and I'll try to answer them when time permits.

Thank you!

Posted by
FireFly (47)
Edit
Posted: March 6, 2005 (3:57 AM)
Thank you for your comments Administrator,

I actually had verified my handle through my email, but it kept telling me there is an error, although I got an email with the verification code, & I used it in verification, but same result (ERROR).

But how come missing cookies in my PC can delete all my posts and replies in the ENTIRE forum ? 53 posts by me were deleted in 1 minute! :-)

By the way: in my posts, I never offend or use explicit words.

Note:
I use the same computer all the time.

Thank you for Help anyway. I like ur website :-)

Posted by
Administrator (5)
Edit
Posted: March 6, 2005 (4:59 AM)
FireFly,
I am sorry it happened! I assume you have (or your ISP for that matter) denied email letter (at least one) from flymig.com server. Denial triggered removal of the handle and all messages automatically.

The other scenario would be if you did not verify your old handle properly and entered a new one with the same email address - system just removed the old handle (SukhoiLover is not registered now) and since handle doesn't exist - removed all posts!

Our server removes bad handles as if users can not send email to the person - we do not want to keep information. I agree, sometimes it is not quite right but that's the way system works.

Verification error can be seen if you have requested verification, got disconnected from the Internet. Connected back again with different IP address (or your IP address denied by your firewall, if you have one). At the verification point your IP address is the only way for the server to verify your identity.

Thanks again for all your posts and we hope our forum will bring valuable information to all of us!

Posted by
FireFly (47)
Edit
Posted: March 6, 2005 (5:04 AM)
No problem Administrator,

It's Ok with me. I just wanted my posts to remain so people can read them and discuss. Yes, I get many benifits & informations from your forum.

FlyMiG is a very good website. Thanks for your efforts.

Posted by
Karakondsul (49)
Edit
Posted: March 7, 2005 (3:38 AM)
The same was with me, I lost my nicknames Flanker and Flankerivo.
Reply to this threadRSS Feed 1 | 2   Next...

Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

Home | Book a Flight | Flight Prices | Special Offers! | Price Guarantee | Price a Flight | - Order Process | Calendar | Zero-G Flights | Gift Certificates | Hotels | Spb. Hotels

Why FlyMiG.Com? | Aircraft | In the Media | Contact Us | Questions | Flight Stories | About Us | MAKS 2003 | MAKS 2005 | Updates

Avia X-change | Aviation Forum | Cool Stuff | Affiliates | Mail Lists | iPod | PostCards | Search | Links | Pilots

Del.icio.usDiggYahoo.RedditSlashDotTechnoratiTwitterBlinkListConnoteaFaceBookFurlGoogle.NewsVinePropeller.StumbleUponWindows Live

Honda CRX Si | Manuals |
   Copyright © FlyMiG.Com™ 2002 - 2024