Reply to this threadRSS Feed
Posted by
Lombard (2)
Edit
SU30MKI Vs Rafale air excersice in June
India AF to send Sukhois to France for joint exercises
22.35 IST 24th Feb 2005

By IndiaExpress Bureau

For the first time, India would be sending its much acclaimed Russian SU-30K fighters for joint exercises with the French Air Force in France in June this year.

The Sukhoi 30's which had created ripples last year by getting the better of US Air Forces F-15e tomcats in joint manouvres over Gwalior, would this time cross swords with the French Frontline Rafale and upgraded Mirage 2000-5 in the exercises codenamed Garuda II.

"A team of Six Sukhoi fighters backed by two IL-78 mid air refuellers would take part in the joint Indo-French fighter exercises", Air Vice Marshal S C Mukul said in New Delhi.

With the Indian Air Forces interaction with foreign air forces becoming almost a yearly ritual, the Force is now developing the Kalaikunda Air base in West Bengal as an arena for Joint training with foreign air forces.

"We are developing international facilities at the base so that it can host such joint manovres" Mukul said adding the airfield would be ready for such events by the end of the year, when it would be the site of second Indo-US fight exercises.

The Americans, who last year did not accede to the IA request for joint exercises involving its frontline F-16 Fighting falcons, has this time agreed to bring these fighters to the Indian soil. The US Air Force action could have been swayed by the fact that Lockheed Martin, the manufacturers of the highly rated fighters, are making a serious bid for the IAF's contract to induct 126 multi-role aircraft.

http://www.indiaexpress.com/news/national/20050224-1.html

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
RE: SU30MKI Vs Rafale air excersice in June
Posted: March 5, 2005 (8:29 AM)
Let's don't forget India choose at the and of '90 Su not Mirage 2000 for buying. They made right choose. I want to see Mirage vs F-15.

So, India wants F-16 not russians MiG-29. To bad.

At the end of 2006 will MERGE Sukhoi MiG Ilyushin and Tupolev. by the way.

Posted by
FireFly (47)
Edit
Posted: March 5, 2005 (6:30 PM)
Just some small comments:

- MiG-29 now is better than F-16
- Yes I'd love to see the new PAK=FA soon I hope.
- Indians are a bit strange sometimes, to choose Su-30 over Su-37 and begin modifications and adding the the 3D TVC and modern avionics (became Su-30MKI). If india had chosen Su-37, we would've seen a Legendary fighter.

Posted by
hello (109)
Edit
Posted: March 5, 2005 (7:00 PM)
FireFly,
You have to stop refering to "mistery ships" like Su-37. There is no such thing!
Indians, nor any other country could not choose Su-37 or Su-47 as they are/were only the technology demonstrators - not production models.

Posted by
FireFly (47)
Edit
Posted: March 6, 2005 (4:36 AM)
In 1998 UAE was about to purchase Su-37 from Sukhoi company. But because the Amir's son had a bribery from the American government, they chose F-16 instead. This is a very well known fact. So, how come Sukhoi was going to sell UAE a demonstration prototype?

Note: When I talk about Su-37, I mean the Multiperpose fighter Su-35/37. But I like to call it "37". Su-35 is already serving in the Russian airforce. So, the model "711" was just a modification of Su-35. & when I speak about modifying the Su-37, I mean modifying the Su-35, JUST because it has the best fuselage design & enhancing it will result in much more advanced fighter than Su-30's fuselage.

So, whenever I say Su-37 I mean Su-35/37 :-) Simple.

Posted by
FireFly (47)
Edit
Posted: March 6, 2005 (6:00 AM)
NeoDiamond I know Su-30MKI isn't Su-30MK.

But if you remember what I wrote in my "deleted posts" that if Su-35/37 was given the advanced radars, avionic systems, & 3D TVC, it would become better than Su-30MKI, due to it's outer design.

Now Su-30MKI IS BETTER than Su-35/37 indeed. But what I said was an assumption.

Posted by
FireFly (47)
Edit
Posted: March 6, 2005 (6:04 AM)
I thought Su-35 is in service.

I saw that in the following website:

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/flankers_pages/su-27_variants.html
http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/flankers_pages/su-35.htm

Am I mistaken?

Posted by
Karakondsul (49)
Edit
Posted: March 7, 2005 (3:42 AM)
FireFly, Hello has right, the Su-37 is only a demostrator, so the Su-30 variants have the same features as the Su-37 demonstrators, it doesn't matter what is the name Su-30, 35 or 37, simply when the plane from the Su-27 family have up-to-date features, characterstics and equipment, the name doesn't matter.

Posted by
FireFly (47)
Edit
Posted: March 7, 2005 (4:42 AM)
You're almost right Karakondsul. All Flanker derivatives are Super. Slight differences are what matter in the differences in the function & role of the airplane.

Posted by
Greek (44)
Edit
Posted: January 19, 2006 (6:49 PM)
So, the Joint Exercices were to take place in June 2005. Now it's January 2006. What was the verdict of those exercices? Who got the cup?

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
Posted: January 19, 2006 (6:59 PM)
Maybe because su would win they don't talk to anybody about that exercises. Maybe was a shame for western (F-16 gone in that exercises).
Is my opinion, I' m convinced Su won that battle 8-).
Reply to this threadRSS Feed

Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

Home | Book a Flight | Flight Prices | Special Offers! | Price Guarantee | Price a Flight | - Order Process | Calendar | Zero-G Flights | Gift Certificates | Hotels | Spb. Hotels

Why FlyMiG.Com? | Aircraft | In the Media | Contact Us | Questions | Flight Stories | About Us | MAKS 2003 | MAKS 2005 | Updates

Avia X-change | Aviation Forum | Cool Stuff | Affiliates | Mail Lists | iPod | PostCards | Search | Links | Pilots

Del.icio.usDiggYahoo.RedditSlashDotTechnoratiTwitterBlinkListConnoteaFaceBookFurlGoogle.NewsVinePropeller.StumbleUponWindows Live

Honda CRX Si | Manuals |
   Copyright © FlyMiG.Com™ 2002 - 2024