Wallpaper

Russian Visa online

RC Clubs
Code your Mac
Manuals

Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

may be some decades
Saturday, June 11, 2005 (1:38 AM)

Reply to this threadRSS Feed 1 | 2   Next...
Posted by
Tupolev (13)
Edit
may be some decades
I personally think that Russia is still some decades behind the United States to be able to build the stealth planes like F-117 and B-2. Russia lacks not only technology but also financial investment to develop such advanced stealth technology.

Posted by
Tupolev (13)
Edit
RE: may be some decades
Posted: June 11, 2005 (1:35 PM)
Nice information,Neodiamond. Money rather than technology is a main barrier for Russia to create such things. I think Russia should coorperate with China in these projects. Do you know why Russia let the United States copy its Yak design to develop F-35 JSF fighter?

Posted by
Eagle (9)
Edit
Posted: June 29, 2005 (10:08 PM)
Kinda the same way Russia had the first supersonic passenger-carrying aircraft, which incidentally crashed and was never flown again. And also did they have the first "space shuttle" the Buran or something? It also incidentally sat in a hangar somewhere and collected dust. Kinda like the Yak-141 itself. Can you list what aircraft it has shot down or bombs dropped, or even campaigns fought? I'm fairly certain the answer will be "not many".

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
Posted: July 1, 2005 (8:25 AM)
"Can you list what aircraft it has shot down or bombs dropped, or even campaigns fought? I'm fairly certain the answer will be "not many". "

Let me explain:

F-15 and F-16 vs. MiG 29. MiG lost. But how? With assistance - AWACS spying etc.

Su-27 vs. MiG-29. Su-27 win but without any assistance.
Su-27 vs. F-15 - shame for USAF. (9 to 1). Yes was UB variant.
Any Su-27 family downed? I don't know any.

It is normal that F series from NATO to lose very little because they use AWACS SPY etc.

In Gulf WAR 91 NATO prepare for war 6 months. If NATO are forced to enter in a such war in a few days, many F should be downed!

Posted by
hello (109)
Edit
Posted: July 9, 2005 (00:22 AM)
The beauty of the stealth is in comparison.

USA never built a stealth aircraft
Russia never built a stealth aircraft

who's behind who?

Posted by
Eagle (9)
Edit
Posted: July 11, 2005 (10:32 AM)
What is your reasoning behind that statement?

Posted by
Eagle (9)
Edit
Posted: July 11, 2005 (8:22 PM)
What you say is true. However, some US aircraft are stealthy, not "stealth". This means that they have less of a chance to be seen; it does not make them invisible. For Russia, I thought they had some stealth testbed somewhere. Was it the 1.44, or the S-37/47?

Posted by
Eagle (9)
Edit
Posted: July 12, 2005 (12:56 PM)
What is this Plazma stuff?

Posted by
indiaguys123 (2)
Edit
Posted: August 8, 2005 (11:22 PM)
Hi Folks!

Probably this may be of some interest to you:
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/IAF/Images/Special/CopeIndia/

- A direct US vs Russian machines.

Thanks

Posted by
Rebate (67)
Edit
Posted: August 24, 2005 (6:04 AM)
I think that Russia was 3 centurysome behind all world then happened the Tatar-Mongol yoke. But now only one decade. IT's the big progress.
Isn't it.

Posted by
JSF_fan (48)
Edit
Posted: November 5, 2005 (4:52 AM)
Russia does have the capability to catch up rapidly thats for sure. The problem is the state of the Russian economy.its completely weak at the moment but it will go up as India and China go up.
The fact is the F-22 is in service, the F-117 and B-2 have been in service for a while but you do have to question the F-117 after it got shot down in Kosovo.
I have never heard of a F-15 being shot down. I have never even heard of a su-27 going up against an F-15 i think you were just making that up.

Russians are even slipping in what has always been there prized advantage, the best tank. The abram, leopard 2 and challenger 2 are clearly ahead of the T-90. The Russians can be saved if the T-80 upgrade program delivers.
In terms of helicopter one word 'commanche'. Although it isn't going to service its still miles ahead of anything else. Although I would favour a ka-52 and mil-28 over an appache at the moment.

Reply to this threadRSS Feed 1 | 2   Next...

Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

Home | Book a Flight | Flight Prices | Special Offers! | Price Guarantee | Price a Flight | - Order Process | Calendar | Zero-G Flights | Gift Certificates | Hotels | Spb. Hotels

Why FlyMiG.Com? | Aircraft | In the Media | Contact Us | Questions | Flight Stories | About Us | MAKS 2003 | MAKS 2005 | Updates

Avia X-change | Aviation Forum | Cool Stuff | Affiliates | Mail Lists | iPod | PostCards | Search | Links | Pilots

Del.icio.usDiggYahoo.RedditSlashDotTechnoratiTwitterBlinkListConnoteaFaceBookFurlGoogle.NewsVinePropeller.StumbleUponWindows Live

Honda CRX Si | Manuals |
   Copyright © FlyMiG.Com™ 2002 - 2024