Wallpaper

Russian Visa online

RC Clubs
Code your Mac
Manuals

Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

Mi-24 Hind vs. AH-64 Apache
Monday, November 14, 2005 (10:25 PM)

Reply to this threadRSS Feed 1 | 2   Next...
Posted by
Jugoslavo (5)
Edit
Mi-24 Hind vs. AH-64 Apache
I always wondered if those fixed wing aircraft have ever had a fight. do anyone of you know if that had happened?

If I hasn�t, then I would like you to give your opinion on this fight.

Posted by
JSF_fan (48)
Edit
RE: Mi-24 Hind vs. AH-64 Apache
Posted: November 14, 2005 (10:55 PM)
Those rotary wing aircraft the 'Mi-24 Hind' and the 'AH-64 Apache' probably meet in comabt in the first gulf war. As an attack helicoter the appache has a huge advantage. But you also have to remember the appache was designed sloely as an attack chopper. Wether the hind was designed as a gunship (it could delpoy troops and give them air cupport). The appache only carried its two operators. The apahce is the better attack helicopter but the hind is a gunship and would be more versatile on the battlefield.

The Russian army/air force has a huge advantage in attack helicopters at the moment with the Mil-28 ad the Ka-52 alligator primarily due to a much larger weapons load. The apache has aged basically. The eurocopter tiger is pathetic, gees its french for goddness sack. The Ka-52 is clearly quite advanced especially with its ejection seat.

The best proposed helicopters however would have to be the RAH-66 commanche and the TGR corps 'snark' unmanned diesel powered stealth reconnasince attack helicopter. However no one can afford to use these and the technology is still in the developing stages.

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
Posted: November 15, 2005 (6:14 AM)
Research for RAH-66 commanche is stoped right now.

Posted by
JSF_fan (48)
Edit
Posted: November 15, 2005 (2:34 PM)
It was ready to go into production. Like most American weapon systems it was damn expensive and therefore they could not put the required numbers into service.

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
Posted: November 15, 2005 (3:22 PM)
Right, they decided to continue http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/rah-66.htm

Posted by
JSF_fan (48)
Edit
Posted: November 17, 2005 (2:30 AM)
"The Boeing-Sikorsky RAH-66 Comanche was cancelled on 23 February 2004" its in the first god damn line.

Posted by
Americana (1)
Edit
Posted: December 10, 2005 (9:54 PM)
I find it funny that everyone here is from nathern asia, since im from the US. Now to the point. The apache would defintly win in day or night because it is stealthy and if it has the longbow feature it can attack from up to Three miles(about two kilometers) away and with the help of the kiwoa scout helicopter it can attack from farther.

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
Posted: December 11, 2005 (5:36 AM)
I think we should compare Ka-50/52/60 vs Apache.

Posted by
JSF_fan (48)
Edit
Posted: December 12, 2005 (2:53 AM)
The Mil-28 and the Ka-52 would walk all over the Appache. Fact is the appache has aged. The weapons load on the Mil-28 and the KA-52 is incredible. However, its taken 15 or so years for the Russians to clearly surpass the American appache, shows how far ahead the americans have been with helicopter technology. Althoug hthe Mil-26 still stands out.

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
Posted: December 12, 2005 (2:59 AM)
Ok, but in that 15 years what did USAF? Maybe you will tell about RAH-66 - stealth one. Ok, think at Ka-58.

Posted by
JSF_fan (48)
Edit
Posted: December 12, 2005 (3:02 AM)
Well actually the US is rather slack with helicopters at the moment. However my home country of NZ does have the 'snark'in development which I of course love.
Reply to this threadRSS Feed 1 | 2   Next...

Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

Home | Book a Flight | Flight Prices | Special Offers! | Price Guarantee | Price a Flight | - Order Process | Calendar | Zero-G Flights | Gift Certificates | Hotels | Spb. Hotels

Why FlyMiG.Com? | Aircraft | In the Media | Contact Us | Questions | Flight Stories | About Us | MAKS 2003 | MAKS 2005 | Updates

Avia X-change | Aviation Forum | Cool Stuff | Affiliates | Mail Lists | iPod | PostCards | Search | Links | Pilots

Del.icio.usDiggYahoo.RedditSlashDotTechnoratiTwitterBlinkListConnoteaFaceBookFurlGoogle.NewsVinePropeller.StumbleUponWindows Live

Honda CRX Si | Manuals |
   Copyright © FlyMiG.Com™ 2002 - 2024