Wallpaper

Russian Visa online

RC Clubs
Code your Mac
Manuals

Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

Can the most advanced stealth aircraf
Tuesday, December 6, 2005 (8:26 PM)

Reply to this threadRSS Feed 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5   Next...
Posted by
Gagarin (4)
Edit
Can the most advanced stealth aircraf
Can the most advanced stealth aircraft such as F-117, B-2, F-22 and JSF be easily shot down via Russian's most advanced SAM S-400 systems? If so, is it 100% sure to hit these planes?

Posted by
Rebate (67)
Edit
RE: Can the most advanced stealth aircraf
Posted: December 7, 2005 (11:04 AM)
Certainly, be sure! Via Russia? Russia is very big an' have a lot of S-400 complex, it's not a 1964.

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
Posted: December 7, 2005 (12:33 PM)
Russia have S-400 but no so many. S-400 can track and shot down everything can fly. Is the most advanced weapon ever built in the world.

Posted by
JSF_fan (48)
Edit
Posted: December 12, 2005 (2:41 AM)
I think the abilities of the s-400 are limited due to the very large land mass. There is also the whole stealth verses stealth detection race going on at the moment and hoestly NO one knows whos winning although some back sides in the debate, I lean towards the United States side of the debate that US stealth aircraft can go relatively undetected.

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
Posted: December 12, 2005 (2:49 AM)
I think russian hardware can see any stealth aircraft flying today.
Even russian 4 gen aircraft can see stealth planes.

Posted by
JSF_fan (48)
Edit
Posted: December 12, 2005 (2:51 AM)
Yes prehaps that is a personal want coming through there and I don't think you are very transparent in this situation and you don't look at both sides of the arguement. Really its a tossing game.

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
Posted: December 12, 2005 (3:04 AM)
For me, is more clear. USA and Russia have stealth tech. and they can it shoot down. It is stealth for 70-80' age hardware.

Posted by
fulcrum (6)
Edit
Posted: December 19, 2005 (11:17 AM)
The question i not stealth or advanced tech. The question is who finds whom or who gets found by whom. Stealth versus Radar does not work when, for eg, the radar is 3 or 9 'o' clock to the target as he is exposong is highly radar reflecting side - stealth or no stealth does not matter in this case.
Stealth can be used hen u have intelligence on the location of all the possible radar systems of the enemy. But today you have mobile radar systems that can be chemoflauged and transported, so a suprise scan from one of those could, theoretically, track a stealth aircraft and force it to compromise it`s stealth.
The game now becomes old-school. It is who is innovative and radical that gains the upper hand. And in Cope 2005, we have seen The lack of adaptibility and the over-dependence on technology of the Americans. Translated, that means they do not know what to do when the shit hits the ground.
My bet would obviously be on the russians. Coza they have the tech and the brains to compliment it - down to the individual soldier.

Posted by
SenFreebie (13)
Edit
Posted: January 10, 2006 (8:06 PM)
If stealth is so effective then how did an SA-6 system shoot down an F-117 that was over 15km away with an outdated radar and fire control system?

Also as for the implication that stealth aircraft are only stealth when facing a radar or flying away from one, this is not entirely true. Generally the front and back of the airframe is designed to have a naturally low RCS like Su-27's and Mig-29's and the segments of the airframe that are not designed like this (eg. can't be) are covered in radar absorbent material which costs a lot of money, makes the equipment more sensitive to damage and and weighs more then normal coatings. So while some stealth aircraft, such as the Mig-29 stealth fighter prototype, are less stealthy when not facing the radar, this is generally due to even or less then suffecient RAM coating.

As for the S-400, if the SA-6 can do it, the S-400 can do it with ease. For its small amount of stealth aircraft, the USA has experienced a rather high attrition rate. If you count the total amount of aircraft of a similar size shot down over hostile airspace, you find 2 F-117's and a lot of fighter aircraft. These assorted fighter aircraft fly a lot more sorties and are much more numerous in US service then the F-117 and therefore are targets much more often. Perhaps the reason they fare better then the F-117 is because they are more nimble, have better counter-measures because they expect to be shot at, and can fly much faster.

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
Posted: January 11, 2006 (3:23 AM)
F-117 are designed to strike deep inside, and destroy enemy radar. So after that aircraft like F-15 F-16 can fly over.
USAF can't send F-15 and F-16 inside an enemy territory with many radars and missiles.
I know there are 3 F-117 downed and 1 B-2 in Serbia.

Posted by
fulcrum (6)
Edit
Posted: January 15, 2006 (12:51 PM)
i doubt the effectiveness of stealth in its primary objective of neutralizing the enemy`s radar systems. This is because of the prescence of the small and portable radar systems that are mounted on Combat Vehicles. Like the SA 7 and all. A simple ping from the radar at irregul;ar intervals from random locations aty odd times can really mess up ther planning that is the all and end all if Stealth is to be used effectively.

Again there is also the AWACS systems that can be a real Pain in the Ass for the stealth aircraft. Because Predicting the location of these aircraft considering that they are moving in different vectors to the stealth aircraft as compared to the ground radar systems. So now he has to watch his angles with respect to both the Ground Radar systems (multiple systems in some cases) and the AWACS aircraft which are constantly moving and thus changing angles.

Also with the current american stealth tech comprising of the F117 and the B2 we all know that if discovered they are nothing but sitting ducks.

And can someone please get me more info on that B2 shot down over Serbia.

Reply to this threadRSS Feed 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5   Next...

Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

Home | Book a Flight | Flight Prices | Special Offers! | Price Guarantee | Price a Flight | - Order Process | Calendar | Zero-G Flights | Gift Certificates | Hotels | Spb. Hotels

Why FlyMiG.Com? | Aircraft | In the Media | Contact Us | Questions | Flight Stories | About Us | MAKS 2003 | MAKS 2005 | Updates

Avia X-change | Aviation Forum | Cool Stuff | Affiliates | Mail Lists | iPod | PostCards | Search | Links | Pilots

Del.icio.usDiggYahoo.RedditSlashDotTechnoratiTwitterBlinkListConnoteaFaceBookFurlGoogle.NewsVinePropeller.StumbleUponWindows Live

Honda CRX Si | Manuals |
   Copyright © FlyMiG.Com™ 2002 - 2024