Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

Sovrememmy class destroyer
Monday, February 6, 2006 (8:22 PM)

Reply to this threadRSS Feed
Posted by
militaryguru (5)
Edit
Sovrememmy class destroyer
Why does the U.S Navy fear the Russian Sovremenny class destroyer so much?Is this type of destroyer capable of destroying any ship including aircraft carrier battle groups?

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
RE: Sovrememmy class destroyer
Posted: February 6, 2006 (8:50 PM)
I don't know why you asked only about Sovrememmy class? I think USA fear all russian navy!

Posted by
militaryguru (5)
Edit
Posted: February 6, 2006 (9:05 PM)
Moskit supersonic anti-ship missile mounted on this class of destroyer cannot be destroyed. Why do you think that U.S fear all of Russian ships? Was Russian Navy superior to that of the U.S during the Cold War?

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
Posted: February 6, 2006 (9:10 PM)
Yes, think about 120 subs. Moskit, right, very good, Sunburn. Kh-31P/A . etc.

Posted by
Rebate (67)
Edit
Posted: February 7, 2006 (9:30 AM)
Why does the U.S Navy fear the Russian Sovremenny class destroyer so much? I think that not fear, just esteem and consider.

Posted by
JSF_fan (48)
Edit
Posted: February 14, 2006 (1:54 AM)
Soviet navy vessels were indeed large and threatening, howveer i don't know how they would have couped in a major battle in the pacific against carrier battle groups launching possibly hundreds of aircraft.

I don't think the Soviets ever intended for large naval battles, they had more of a policy of keep the ships home and let the bombers and submarines do the hard work, then little the ships lose once the number of US vessels had decreased. I don't think the Soviet navy ever would have been a push over but the US deffinetly had the advantage if it come down to large naval battles.

Posted by
thisisreal (110)
Edit
Posted: March 25, 2006 (7:06 PM)
The Sovremennyy class ships have severe maintenance issues and rarely go to sea.

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
Posted: March 26, 2006 (3:51 AM)
Why do you say it? I want to learn more about that. Tell us please.

Posted by
thisisreal (110)
Edit
Posted: March 26, 2006 (7:12 PM)
" The Project 956 Sovremenny class large destroyers were undermined by their unreliable high-pressure steam boilers and poor servicing; factors which led to 7 of the 17 built from 1980 to 1994 to be stricken. Of the remaining ten ships, only the Bespokoyniy and the Nastoichiviy of the Baltic Fleet and the Besstrashniy of the Northern Fleet are fully operational. The Northern Fleet destroyers Rastoropniy and the Bezuprechniy are derelict at Severniy Wharf in St. Petersburg, while the Bezuprechiy will soon follow, along with the laid-up Gremiashiy of the Northern Fleet. The Bezuderzhniy is also kept in reserve in unsatisfactory condition. In the Pacific Fleet, the Bystriy, Burniy, Bezboyaznniy and the Boyevoy are all in a so-called "limited" condition of fitness, and the first two are the only ones that ever go to sea. "

http://www.mdb.cast.ru/mdb/2-2004/rat/sfd/

Posted by
thisisreal (110)
Edit
Posted: March 26, 2006 (7:13 PM)
"One of the Baltic fleet ships, Bespokoyniy, entered a shipyard for a presumed ovehaul and is now on the non-operational list. But who knows if she will ever emerge and if so how long it will take.

"620 Bespokoiny DDG Sovremenny 28.12.1991 #190 Severnaya BAL
Laid: 18.04.87. 11.2.1992 entered BAL. Participated in BALTOPS 97, Sovremenny-15. 678 (1992), 620 (1993). 2004: in overhaul at Yantar'. "

Reply to this threadRSS Feed

Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

Home | Book a Flight | Flight Prices | Special Offers! | Price Guarantee | Price a Flight | - Order Process | Calendar | Zero-G Flights | Gift Certificates | Hotels | Spb. Hotels

Why FlyMiG.Com? | Aircraft | In the Media | Contact Us | Questions | Flight Stories | About Us | MAKS 2003 | MAKS 2005 | Updates

Avia X-change | Aviation Forum | Cool Stuff | Affiliates | Mail Lists | iPod | PostCards | Search | Links | Pilots

Del.icio.usDiggYahoo.RedditSlashDotTechnoratiTwitterBlinkListConnoteaFaceBookFurlGoogle.NewsVinePropeller.StumbleUponWindows Live

Honda CRX Si | Manuals |
   Copyright © FlyMiG.Com™ 2002 - 2024