Wallpaper

Russian Visa online

RC Clubs
Code your Mac
Manuals

Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

top five Special Forces (recce, CT)
Saturday, March 18, 2006 (5:07 AM)

Reply to this threadRSS Feed 1 | 2 | 3 | 4   Next...
Posted by
Rowdy (105)
Edit
top five Special Forces (recce, CT)
I think this will be the order:-

1.Sayeret Matkal
2.Spetsnaz
3.SAS
4.Force Recon
5.GIGN

Posted by
Rebate (67)
Edit
RE: top five Special Forces (recce, CT)
Posted: March 19, 2006 (6:03 AM)
Is difficult to tell, are you familiar with all special forces?, I wasn't present. By what criteria you have placed them so?

Posted by
Frank (5)
Edit
Posted: March 19, 2006 (1:09 PM)
Sayeret Matkal on top okay, but why not include Navy SEALs, Delta Force, elite Green Berets.US Special Forces are best in the world.Spetsnaz? Russians are poor in Special Operations, SAS ok, why GIGN? why not put GSG-9 instead, French are cowards.

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
Posted: March 19, 2006 (1:32 PM)
I don't know about it but I want to read about special operations teams from entire world. About Spetsnaz I think must be very powerful due to Cold War. Russians needed them, so they trained I think very good. Same for USA special forces.

Posted by
thisisfake (10)
Edit
Posted: March 20, 2006 (2:55 AM)
by what criteria are we judging them by? The most highly trained, the most experienced, the best equipped, what?

Posted by
Rowdy (105)
Edit
Posted: March 20, 2006 (3:34 AM)
to Rebate, yes it is very difficult to say who is best, all Special Forces are best of best, they are the cream of millitary.
your opinion may be different,
Sayeret Matkal did a wonderful job in 1976 by rescuing 99 hostages unharmed(total 100)only one Israeli commando down(100 commandos)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Entebbe this operation is considered one of the best hostage rescue.

Posted by
Rebate (67)
Edit
Posted: March 20, 2006 (9:00 AM)
"Spetsnaz? Russians are poor in Special Operations"

Bullshit, Spetsnaz (or Alpha) each month, rescues someone from the
terrorists in Chechnia. Recollect Afghanistan war, Dubrovka, Chechnia and so on.

Posted by
thisisfake (10)
Edit
Posted: March 20, 2006 (8:01 PM)
What Spetsnaz are you talking about? Spetsnaz is just a generic name for Special Forces. There are several regiments from militia to naval infantry to air assualt.

Posted by
Frank (5)
Edit
Posted: March 23, 2006 (1:00 PM)
Spetsnaz(Alpa Force) is not very effective, see how badly they handled Moscow Theatre Siege and Beslan School Tragedy.FSB and Spetsnaz are unable to get there hand on Shamil Basayev and Ashlan Mashkadov.i say again Russians are POOR in Special Operations especially hostage rescue.

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
Posted: March 23, 2006 (2:06 PM)
"Spetsnaz(Alpa Force) is not very effective, see how badly they handled Moscow Theatre Siege and Beslan School Tragedy.FSB and Spetsnaz are unable to get there hand on Shamil Basayev and Ashlan Mashkadov.i say again Russians are POOR in Special Operations especially hostage rescue."

Ok, first, Ashlan Mashkadov is dead. Second, tell me how do you think they might work better? Terrorists in Moscow could blow up in any second. So a force enter didn't work. Tell me how would act any other special forces? I think they couldn't done better. Were people injured and killed, right, but nobody could do and better that work.

Posted by
thisisreal (110)
Edit
Posted: March 24, 2006 (5:11 PM)
MY thisisfake ID somehow got deleted so I'm making a new one.

okay- I'm fed up with people who don't know anything. Stop talking aobut the Spetsnaz without referring to it properly. All Russian military districts (or the fronts in war), every of four fleets have their spetsnaz brigades and besides that every army division has its own intelligence battalion with intelligence and recon elements. Until 1991 there were 20 brigades with 30000 men � 16 in army and 4 in fleets. Like I said every front has its own independent regiments and there are 41 companies in armies. After 1991 in 8 military districts there are 5 brigades and again 4 in fleets with about 12000 men. Brigade company has 20 officers, and 115 soldiers. Company consists of four platoons and platoon of 2 to 4 groups. Since 1992. groups are consisted of 3 to 7 men. Independent regiment has about 600-800 men deployed in six or seven companies. Brigade of military district has about 1300 men and consisted of HQ, independent anti-VIP company �throat cutters� (70-80 men with main task to locate, identify and eliminate enemies high politicians and military commanders), 3 air assault battalions, liaisons company, engineer company and helicopter unit. Fleet brigade has a HQ, 2 or 3 battalions of underwater diversion teams, anti-VIP company, one airborne battalion and logistical unit.
There are also units under FSB and MVD command.

Rapid reaction Forces are 103. and 105. air assault divisions, 7. Novorossiysk, 76. Chernigovsk, 98. Svirsk, 104. �Skorpion� Ulyanovsk and 106. �Centaur� Tula air assault guards divisions, few independent battalions and independent brigades, marine infantry, and FSB (for example Alfa) and OMON (MVD) units.

Same goes for the SAS. There are four SAS Regiments. The 21st and 22nd SAS Regiments are as elite as they come. The other two regiments are Territorial Army Recee. SBS is more of a SF, consisting of only a squadron, a company.

Reply to this threadRSS Feed 1 | 2 | 3 | 4   Next...

Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

Home | Book a Flight | Flight Prices | Special Offers! | Price Guarantee | Price a Flight | - Order Process | Calendar | Zero-G Flights | Gift Certificates | Hotels | Spb. Hotels

Why FlyMiG.Com? | Aircraft | In the Media | Contact Us | Questions | Flight Stories | About Us | MAKS 2003 | MAKS 2005 | Updates

Avia X-change | Aviation Forum | Cool Stuff | Affiliates | Mail Lists | iPod | PostCards | Search | Links | Pilots

Del.icio.usDiggYahoo.RedditSlashDotTechnoratiTwitterBlinkListConnoteaFaceBookFurlGoogle.NewsVinePropeller.StumbleUponWindows Live

Honda CRX Si | Manuals |
   Copyright © FlyMiG.Com™ 2002 - 2024