Wallpaper

Russian Visa online

RC Clubs
Code your Mac
Manuals

Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

Future of Superpower
Saturday, April 1, 2006 (1:07 PM)

Reply to this threadRSS Feed 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8   Next...
Posted by
Stuka (8)
Edit
Future of Superpower
US is still the only superpower. There will be a day when Russia, China or India will challenge, all of these countries are growing fast and have expertise in some field, China may not stand now, but it is a long term player, will any of these nations stand against most powerful nation?
I don't want to sound foolish but what are the ingredients for changing a nation into Superpower? What makes a country great?

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
RE: Future of Superpower
Posted: April 1, 2006 (2:46 PM)
Days of glorious' USAF are nombered. Do you believe? We will see in some 5-10 years.

Posted by
fiddler (14)
Edit
Posted: April 1, 2006 (2:50 PM)
i think it takes loads and loads of money,and a complete disregard for enyone else.take all the superpower nations in history.take away all the politics and you have one conclution,they all wanted to rule the world.

Posted by
thisisreal (110)
Edit
Posted: April 5, 2006 (11:45 PM)
to be a superpower, you need military, economc power and allies.
I would like to know why the days of USAF are numbered. Who will challenge?

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
Posted: April 6, 2006 (4:40 AM)
"I would like to know why the days of USAF are numbered. Who will challenge?"

We will see war on Iran. Than we will see rise of China and India along with Russia. I think Asia will rule the world in the future.
(My opinion)

Posted by
thisisreal (110)
Edit
Posted: April 6, 2006 (9:27 PM)
Well, what will challenge the US army. The US 2nd Armored Division destroyed more tanks in 10 hours than the air froce did in 10 weeks of unrestricted bombing. The air force is not that glorious at all. Perhaps china and india will rise. But not in our lifetime, maybe as soon as the next generation. How will Russia rise again?

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
Posted: April 7, 2006 (5:48 AM)
Russia has tech more advance than any other country. They don't have money, but will gain. Sell weapons to many country, and weapons export rise right now.
I think T-90 is more powerful and more better than Abrams. It can destroy the bullet before impact and so on. F-22 has not a decisive properties against Su-30 family. Defence air systems are better in Russia than in USA (S-300, S-400). Bulava and Topol-M are superior than USA's ones. Russia recently anounced they will not be anymore in parity with USA in nuclear weapons. Maybe they know Topol-M and Bulava are invicible for now and for near future. USA have more and more enemies.

Posted by
Rowdy (105)
Edit
Posted: April 7, 2006 (8:17 AM)
Stuka, you are not foolish nor your question, factors responsible for Superpower( and the nations which are good in the field)

"Leadership" - leaders who leave there comfort for the better of the country and can take tough decisions - US (Lincoln, Washington), Russia (Putin), India (I.Gandhi, AB Vajpayee)

"Military" - US, Russia, China, India, Israel

"Health and Food security" - US, Russia, UK, France, Germany

"Diplomacy" - Permanent seat in UNSC will be a boost for India and Brazil(look at G-4) - US, Russia, China, India, Brazil

"Energy" - US, Russia, Germany, France, CIS

"Technology" - Russia, US, Japan, Germany, Israel

"Economy" - US, China, India, Brazil, Japan, Germany

"Entertainment" - US (Hollywood), India (Bollywood), Japan, S.Korea

No nation appears in all the above factors except US, at this moment no country can challenge US but it is likely that China and India will rise (they will have a strong stable Economy at 2020, and by 2050 they will eclipse EU and will stand along US, since US has good relations with India, China will be the only challenge.

But now, US is only challenged by BRIC (Brazil-Russia-India-China)

Also, only BRIC can stand against Nato

Posted by
Rowdy (105)
Edit
Posted: April 7, 2006 (2:08 PM)
"I would like to know why the days of USAF are numbered. Who will challenge?"

In ancient Sanskrit there is a saying "Vinash kale, viprit budhi" means wrong decisions are made when the end is near, world has seen Gulf War II, US has started taking wrong steps.We will see the rise of BRIC and our Grandchildren will see weak US and a powerful Asia

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
Posted: April 7, 2006 (3:17 PM)
Right now Belarus Russia and Kazakhstan will sign an economic cooperation (will be the 2nd EU).

About going war - If Russia will go into a war at large scale like vs NATO I think China will enter in Russia's side (maybe India too).

Posted by
thisisreal (110)
Edit
Posted: April 7, 2006 (5:39 PM)
LOL? china and india on the same side?
I dont think China will go to war just because russia is, China plays politically not militarily. If it played militarily, Taiwan wouldn't exist right now.

How will china fight against NATO?

""Military" - US, Russia, China, India, Israel" wrong list. Why is Israel in there. Take into thought the idea of force projection. ONly US, UK and in some aspects Russia can effectively move their troops around, safely

""Health and Food security" - US, Russia, UK, France, Germany" Include Canada in ther please.lol

""Diplomacy" - Permanent seat in UNSC will be a boost for India and Brazil" I personally think that UN is worthless a permanent seat will be a boost.

""Energy" - US, Russia, Germany, France, CIS" Canada and the middel east also.

""Technology" - Russia, US, Japan, Germany, Israel" hmmm
Can Russia build an effective CVN? MIcrosoft, IBM, etc etc. Again, Israel's technology is basically a secondhand of the US's. S. KOrea is pretty good in terms of shipbuilding.

I agree with the rest of the list.

Reply to this threadRSS Feed 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8   Next...

Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

Home | Book a Flight | Flight Prices | Special Offers! | Price Guarantee | Price a Flight | - Order Process | Calendar | Zero-G Flights | Gift Certificates | Hotels | Spb. Hotels

Why FlyMiG.Com? | Aircraft | In the Media | Contact Us | Questions | Flight Stories | About Us | MAKS 2003 | MAKS 2005 | Updates

Avia X-change | Aviation Forum | Cool Stuff | Affiliates | Mail Lists | iPod | PostCards | Search | Links | Pilots

Del.icio.usDiggYahoo.RedditSlashDotTechnoratiTwitterBlinkListConnoteaFaceBookFurlGoogle.NewsVinePropeller.StumbleUponWindows Live

Honda CRX Si | Manuals |
   Copyright © FlyMiG.Com™ 2002 - 2024