Wallpaper

Russian Visa online

RC Clubs
Code your Mac
Manuals

Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

Russian/American SAMS
Sunday, April 9, 2006 (10:08 PM)

Reply to this threadRSS Feed 1 | 2 | 3   Next...
Posted by
thisisreal (110)
Edit
Russian/American SAMS
I hear a lot of people talking that the S-400 is the MOST advanced SAM system in the world and the US still has nothing to compare. What do you think?

Posted by
clockers (1)
Edit
RE: Russian/American SAMS
Posted: April 10, 2006 (10:53 AM)
well what we hear may very well be the truth at the moment, the russians may have the best but america has never really invested in sam systems so it would be ok to think it that way

Posted by
Rebate (67)
Edit
Posted: April 10, 2006 (11:15 AM)
I hear a lot of people talking that the S-400 is the MOST advanced SAM system in the world and the US still has nothing to compare. What do you think?

-What do I think? I think that it's the truth.

Posted by
thisisreal (110)
Edit
Posted: April 10, 2006 (3:14 PM)
Well, I think the Patriot PACII is as good as any SAM system in existence. The HUMRAAM/CLAWS system is the most advanced mobile SAM systems in the world. ANd as for the US NAvy, AntiAircraft systesms, nothing even comes close (SM-3).

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
Posted: April 11, 2006 (8:28 AM)
pure-beautyRead more about PAC-3 and S-300, and you will see are very similar, maybe S-300 are better, but little. So, S-400 is the best, russians work now on S-500.

Posted by
thisisreal (110)
Edit
Posted: April 11, 2006 (6:39 PM)
Okay if thats the way you want to comapre it. If you want to just look at the stats on paper, the SM-3 beats everything. Mach 8.2, 160 nautical miles range, 300,000 foot ceiling.During the gulf war, PAC II shot down everything it fired at, including coalition aircrafts. And the HAWK/I-HAWK, one of the most versatile missile systems.

Posted by
Rowdy (105)
Edit
Posted: April 12, 2006 (4:40 AM)
"Okay if thats the way you want to comapre it. If you want to just look at the stats on paper, the SM-3 beats everything. Mach 8.2, 160 nautical miles range, 300,000 foot ceiling.During the gulf war, PAC II shot down everything it fired at, including coalition aircrafts. And the HAWK/I-HAWK, one of the most versatile missile systems."

"PAC II shot down everything it fired at, including coalition aircrafts."

"including coalition aircrafts."

---Wow, thats what SAMs do, kill friendly aircrafts
We all should agree PAC is best(Ha ha)

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
Posted: April 12, 2006 (6:34 AM)
S-400 has about Mach 6.2, range believed to be at least 200 miles (some sources - 400Km), greater than SM-3 and can intercept target with speed up to 3km/s.

Posted by
thisisreal (110)
Edit
Posted: April 12, 2006 (7:03 PM)
""including coalition aircrafts."

---Wow, thats what SAMs do, kill friendly aircrafts
We all should agree PAC is best(Ha ha)"
Hey- does this tell you something that isn't available to most russia hardwares? "Tested in Combat"

200 miles and 160 nautical miles--very similar
Sm-3 has made 5 successful intercepts out of 6.
It's a boost-phase ICBM interceptor.

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
Posted: April 13, 2006 (4:34 AM)
So, SM-3 can nothing to do against Topol-M and Bulava.

Posted by
thisisreal (110)
Edit
Posted: April 13, 2006 (7:32 PM)
America isn't building to fight off a Russian missile attack, that threat ceases to exist. It's meant to stop missiles from terrorists/NK/Iran.etc

Russia is currently helping the US improve its NMD. IF it does come to SM-3 being fired at a Topol-M, they world will be gone. Its a lose-lose situation for both countries.

Reply to this threadRSS Feed 1 | 2 | 3   Next...

Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

Home | Book a Flight | Flight Prices | Special Offers! | Price Guarantee | Price a Flight | - Order Process | Calendar | Zero-G Flights | Gift Certificates | Hotels | Spb. Hotels

Why FlyMiG.Com? | Aircraft | In the Media | Contact Us | Questions | Flight Stories | About Us | MAKS 2003 | MAKS 2005 | Updates

Avia X-change | Aviation Forum | Cool Stuff | Affiliates | Mail Lists | iPod | PostCards | Search | Links | Pilots

Del.icio.usDiggYahoo.RedditSlashDotTechnoratiTwitterBlinkListConnoteaFaceBookFurlGoogle.NewsVinePropeller.StumbleUponWindows Live

Honda CRX Si | Manuals |
   Copyright © FlyMiG.Com™ 2002 - 2024