MiG-29 OVT (AKA 35,) and maneuvers.
Wednesday, June 14, 2006 (10:13 AM)

Reply to this threadRSS Feed
Posted by
Foxhound (131)
Edit
MiG-29 OVT (AKA 35,) and maneuvers.
Combat Aircraft Vol.7, #3.

This article, however brief, wrote about the new MiG-29OVT(aka MiG-35, according to one source.)

It is a thrust vectored varient, "capable of maneuvers traditionally attributed only to the 'Flanker' family of fighters," and in fact the article alluded to even more astounding feats of acrobatici.

Yes, they said it. In the Air Intel section.

One person on this site, made it sound like AAM's were unbeatable.

Sorry, but, there are moves which are taught to "spoof," the "Beam Turn" being a case in point.

I do not know of any 50G missle, I usually see a 20-30G rating, and at 2.5+M turn rate could be matched/exceeded by a skilled, conditioned, and trained Pilot, in a modern fighter at cornering velocity. Not, to forget low speed stuff, of which Flanker varients( and now the new MiG) are considered by many to be the best at.

Yes, that includes the Raptor, F-16 ACTIVE, and the X-palnes.
But; neither they, nor myself said that alone makes a superior fighter.

So don't get your girdle in a bind.

To which I add, in many cases the AAMs propellent could be expended, in that case high-G turns would exaust non-recoverable energy.

One should not forget a AAMs targeting system is, in one sense, parallel to a flashlight beam, in that has an cone-shaped detection area. The aquired target, if it manages to escape the area, the seeker will sometimes follow a programed search pattern. some will go "stupid" right off the bat, others may take longer if no target is located.

Will a AAM always hit it's target? Forgive it, but, there is no "Silver Bullet."

By the same token, evasion tricks will not always be fruitful.

Some, myself included, on this site have been accused of contrived opinions, mascarading as fact.

Yet, the one(s) who make(s) these indictments, can provide no "proofs" of their own much self-vaunted facts.

Foxhound: Guess.

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
RE: MiG-29 OVT (AKA 35,) and maneuvers.
Posted: June 14, 2006 (10:35 AM)
Give a link to dl that document, I want to read it. I dl many docs from www.avaxhome.ru

Posted by
Foxhound (131)
Edit
Posted: June 14, 2006 (2:38 PM)
Sorry, but the Mags website does not list this info.

You will have to buy a copy, or if you cannot find it.

Contact me, perhaps we can work something out.

Later.

Foxhound

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
Posted: June 14, 2006 (5:03 PM)
I thought you have an electronic doc. No problem . on www.avaxhome.ru I found many docs about aviation, but I have no time to read all of them :D

Posted by
Foxhound (131)
Edit
Posted: June 14, 2006 (6:25 PM)
Most of my info comes from good ol' paper.

But, I will check out that site.

Foxhound: Out

Reply to this threadRSS Feed

Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

Home | Book a Flight | Flight Prices | Special Offers! | Price Guarantee | Price a Flight | - Order Process | Calendar | Zero-G Flights | Gift Certificates | Hotels | Spb. Hotels

Why FlyMiG.Com? | Aircraft | In the Media | Contact Us | Questions | Flight Stories | About Us | MAKS 2003 | MAKS 2005 | Updates

Avia X-change | Aviation Forum | Cool Stuff | Affiliates | Mail Lists | iPod | PostCards | Search | Links | Pilots

Del.icio.usDiggYahoo.RedditSlashDotTechnoratiTwitterBlinkListConnoteaFaceBookFurlGoogle.NewsVinePropeller.StumbleUponWindows Live

Honda CRX Si | Manuals |
   Copyright © FlyMiG.Com™ 2002 - 2024