Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

Women in Combat
Wednesday, June 14, 2006 (12:33 PM)

Reply to this threadRSS Feed
Posted by
Rowdy (105)
Edit
Women in Combat
Is it okay to have women with assault rifes serving in infantry?

Posted by
Foxhound (131)
Edit
RE: Women in Combat
Posted: June 14, 2006 (2:48 PM)
That is a tricky moral issue.

Many western nations are just reciently allowing women into combat postings.

Russia, has allowed this in the past.
Necessity, or a strong nature(like the Black "Strong Sista" in America,) is a point of debate.

Russia did have female pilots and snipers in WWII, and some very sucessful and highly reguarded women emerged.

Good question.

This may take awhile.

Foxhound: Later

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
Posted: June 14, 2006 (4:59 PM)
I heard pilot women can resist easier than men at G forces.

Posted by
Greek (44)
Edit
Posted: June 14, 2006 (7:11 PM)
It really is a tricky question.

We usually see women in support posts, but that doesn't happen very often in combat positions. I personally can imagine women as pilots, as Sukhoy says, but women in the Marine corps or Special Forces is a bit difficult even to imagine. But this is just my opinion.

Time will tell!

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
Posted: June 14, 2006 (7:56 PM)
I had short movie with russian woman pilot on MiG-29.

Posted by
JuniorKilat (26)
Edit
Posted: June 14, 2006 (10:59 PM)
My opinion is that there is no question about it. Women of today are no longer the same as what they are and their role in the past. Women were evolved into a stronger type comparable to their reputation in the past. I read some source that women are enlisted in the US Military to become a soldier but for me, i guess their role in the military is maybe for office works as of now and maybe someday, time will come that they may engage in a battle or in any combat situation.

Posted by
Rowdy (105)
Edit
Posted: June 15, 2006 (12:06 PM)
Well, i think it is okay to have women as chopper/fighter pilots but i am doubtful about there performance in infantry

Sukhoy, yes i have heard that G-force theory, female pilots can sustain G-force more than male

Some countries recruit females for Special Forces
US
Israel
Belgium
India
Russia
Brazil

But there is another theory, resent studies in a Spanish Univ. says that women are evolving faster than man, both physically and mentally, it will take a long time anyway

Posted by
ownageNL (28)
Edit
Posted: January 30, 2007 (10:28 AM)
ome countries recruit females for Special Forces
US
Israel
Belgium
India
Russia
Brazil
&
Holland

a bullet from a woman is just as deadly as that from a man.
but can be to much emotional on some subjects so.

( i know a woman in my village who served our special forces (korps mariniers)

greetz

Posted by
MarlboroManX (48)
Edit
Posted: November 21, 2007 (9:26 PM)
Again the idea that women can sustain G-forces better than men is a falsehood propgated along the same lines as those who claim the term "rule of thumb" refers to spousal abuse. It is actually a carpenters term.

Women cannot handle g-forces as well as men due to smaller proportion of muscle per bodyweight. As I've said before if you watch the videos of Blue Angels, Thunderbirdgs, or any other stunteam from pilot cam you will see them clenching and making weird faces. This is to flex their muscles and squeeze their own arteries to control bloodflow and prevent blackout. Women are higher percent bodyfat versus muscle and it is more difficult for them to do so.

I am not a sexist but blatant falsehood to advance a cause bother me. Just like the "rule of thumb" lie. (For those who don't know the rule of thumb lie is the story that when it was legal for a man to beat his wife the restriction was that he could not use a stick wider than his thumb. In reality the term is a carpenter's term refering to a carpenter who did not need a ruler or measure but could rely only on measuring with the width of his thumb)

In so far as US policy on women in combat.
1. Remember that US was founded by religious (christian) fanatics. Who believed women had their place.
2. Most american women don't want in the military but a few do and get in.
3. Women are often not welcome in the military because they are seen as a liability. Not only because of obvious questions but of the male instinct to protect the female even possibly over the mission. Something stronger in the culture in question.
4. Women are kept out of front-line positions because if a man is taken POW he'll be tortured killed etc. If a woman is captured rape and sodomy are added to the equation which creates a political powder-keg.
5. My personal opinion is I will accept women in the military when they ALL have to register for the draft just like myself and every other male does. Equal Rights=Equal Responsibility

Reply to this threadRSS Feed

Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

Home | Book a Flight | Flight Prices | Special Offers! | Price Guarantee | Price a Flight | - Order Process | Calendar | Zero-G Flights | Gift Certificates | Hotels | Spb. Hotels

Why FlyMiG.Com? | Aircraft | In the Media | Contact Us | Questions | Flight Stories | About Us | MAKS 2003 | MAKS 2005 | Updates

Avia X-change | Aviation Forum | Cool Stuff | Affiliates | Mail Lists | iPod | PostCards | Search | Links | Pilots

Del.icio.usDiggYahoo.RedditSlashDotTechnoratiTwitterBlinkListConnoteaFaceBookFurlGoogle.NewsVinePropeller.StumbleUponWindows Live

Honda CRX Si | Manuals |
   Copyright © FlyMiG.Com™ 2002 - 2024