Wallpaper

Russian Visa online

RC Clubs
Code your Mac
Manuals

Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

Is the cold war over?
Monday, June 26, 2006 (8:32 AM)

Reply to this threadRSS Feed 1 | 2 | 3   Next...
Posted by
Rogue (2)
Edit
Is the cold war over?
I'm no fan of the cold war but i have a nerving feeling the cold war isn't necessarily extinguished.
US and Russia are always on opposite sides of the board on political issues, None of them is considerate of the others interests, etc.

Lastly, if a war was to ever break btw the two - who'd be the aggressor?

- Thanx

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
RE: Is the cold war over?
Posted: June 26, 2006 (8:46 AM)
In case of war (but that will never be directly b2ween USA and Russia) USA will be the agressor. USA always was an agressor

Posted by
Foxhound (131)
Edit
Posted: June 29, 2006 (00:21 AM)
I cannot say for sure.

As far as competition for military contracts, I.E. Fighter Jets for India, there is a form of competition.

I hesitate to call that a "Cold War," as that was a ideological exchange. At least that is what we were told. It might well have been, but there is a lingering doubt as to the true nature.

Putin is viewed by some as a hostile. 1st one since ol' Leoniev to take a confrontational stance on some issues with "western" leaders.

Weither or not, someone else would label that a "Cold War" is in the eye of the beholder.

BTW, as reported in a eariler post, Russia is currently winning the "battle" for Indian Air Force contracts.

Later:

Foxhound.

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
Posted: June 29, 2006 (5:19 AM)
We will see if Russia will win the battle. We will see who will sell 126 fighters to India, Russia EU or USA. I think Russia will win that contract, but let's wait for it.

Posted by
Foxhound (131)
Edit
Posted: June 29, 2006 (12:52 PM)
According to "Air Forces Monthly," and "Combat Aircraft" magazines.
It appears Sukhoi and MiG have solid sales contracts.

No word on the full 126, but India is purchasing more Su-30 MKI, and is aquiring the MiG-29K for at least one carrier.

The Mig-29OVT, rumor from the same sources list it as the MiG-35, is also being offered.

There is a copyright on both mags so I have questions about the legality of scanning. Otherwise I would have no problem sending you some attachments.

I, for one, do consider printed info from established publications as having a greater degree of legitimacy than on-line sources.

Naturally it does depend on the mag, as well.

Code Blue, the "Offical" USAF publication as well as any published by a Goverment/Military, or Industry owned source(I.E. Boeing)
as well as their "Overseas" counterparts. Are not unbiased sources, and often skew a story to fit the goal.

However The 2 formentioned (AFM & CA) themselves are unbiased, and the news sections from which the 30MKI and 29K info were drawn, stick to the facts.

Some of the articles do have a bias, true. But, these are often written by "outside" sources. Example: Snowden fron the USAF is as bad as Sprick, in the cheerleader department.

But, these are not the news sections

Later:

Foxhound.

Posted by
Foxhound (131)
Edit
Posted: June 29, 2006 (12:55 PM)
It should be mentioned.

While my prior posting listed India as upgrading the 30MKI to a mod 3 lever, it appears there will be more MKI purchases in the future as well.

Foxhound: Out.

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
Posted: June 29, 2006 (3:27 PM)
Right, India signed a contract for 140 Su-30MKI. But was not fully delivered. Some of them, are to be built in India.
Some days ago Inida signed another contract for 18 Su-30MKI. So I don't understand, those 18 are from those 140, or another?

MiG-29OTV is MiG-35 and was offered for those 126 fighters contract.

Posted by
Foxhound (131)
Edit
Posted: June 30, 2006 (11:34 AM)
So the 29OVT is offically the 35.

Remember the MiG-35 hoax from a few years back.

Apparently this one ain't.

Don't for get the 29K for the carrier.

Foxhound: Out

BTW a few tears back while visiting distant family members in Ukraine, I was not too far from your country Sukhoy.

I was in the Southwest "Carpathian Alps" area.

Unfortunatly my relatives and I could not sneak across the border, as they told me Ukrainian and Romainian are completely different. and none of them spoke Romianian.

Too bad, i wanted to see Translyvania.

Posted by
Foxhound (131)
Edit
Posted: June 30, 2006 (11:39 AM)
The new MKI order is for factory bulit(Russian) Mod 3 varients.

The 1st order were mainly the slightly moded 27UB versions, with a few 30 proper and MKI.

This is how I understand it.

Foxhound: Out.

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
Posted: June 30, 2006 (11:56 AM)
Foxhound, I live in Transilvania region :). If you can in the future, visite my country.
Yes, ukrainians and roumanians are very different. Here are some dispute about border: Snake Island and Bistroe Canal. Before orange revolution, when Ukraina was in russian side, the ukrainians efectively moved the border withsome meters inside Romania. NATO said it is a regional problem. Look how NATO manage that kind of problem, NATO borders were violated - so was a regional problem, THANK YOU NATO. You see, when NATO faces to a stronger potential enemy. . is a regional problem.
Transnistria same. If you don't know . :
Moldova is a romanian territory, but not too Transnistria. Transnistria was an ukrainian territory but soviets merge it to Moldova and some territories south of Moldova were split and merge to Ukraina.

Let's not to talk about treasure - about 80 tonnes of gold Russia must return to Romania, but Putin said he don't know about that.

Posted by
Foxhound (131)
Edit
Posted: June 30, 2006 (2:14 PM)
I do plan on visiting your country Sukhoy, you can "Count"(hahaha) on that.

Sorry, for that droll, and very likely worn out, bit of word play.

My bloodline it is rumored, does have some Romanian. I have yet to really look into it.

Not too long ago I spoke to a girl from Moldavia, whom now works and goes to school in the US. She told me how poor Moldavia is, and how rude Ukrainians can be to Non-Ukrainians.

Foxhound: Later

Reply to this threadRSS Feed 1 | 2 | 3   Next...

Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

Home | Book a Flight | Flight Prices | Special Offers! | Price Guarantee | Price a Flight | - Order Process | Calendar | Zero-G Flights | Gift Certificates | Hotels | Spb. Hotels

Why FlyMiG.Com? | Aircraft | In the Media | Contact Us | Questions | Flight Stories | About Us | MAKS 2003 | MAKS 2005 | Updates

Avia X-change | Aviation Forum | Cool Stuff | Affiliates | Mail Lists | iPod | PostCards | Search | Links | Pilots

Del.icio.usDiggYahoo.RedditSlashDotTechnoratiTwitterBlinkListConnoteaFaceBookFurlGoogle.NewsVinePropeller.StumbleUponWindows Live

Honda CRX Si | Manuals |
   Copyright © FlyMiG.Com™ 2002 - 2024