Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

Quickly answer!
Thursday, July 27, 2006 (9:21 AM)

Reply to this threadRSS Feed
Posted by
Rowdy (105)
Edit
Quickly answer!
Don't think just answer!, When you think of a Russian fighter jet which is the first which come to your mind:) Sukhoi? or MiG?

Posted by
JohnA (61)
Edit
RE: Quickly answer!
Posted: July 27, 2006 (10:05 AM)
Sukhoi. I actually saw one perform and met the pilot.

Posted by
Foxhound (131)
Edit
Posted: July 27, 2006 (1:55 PM)
MiG.

When I think about it I grew up during the "Top Gun" years (graduated High School in 89).

Those days the public at large had no access to the internet, and unbiased(mostly) publications could not be found at the local newsstands. Did not help that I resided in a "backwards" locality.

Janes was available, but the accuracy is questionable. Unless you believe Russia had 1000+ Kg pilots. which would make up for capacity discrepencies, when compaired to other sources.

I also attended "religous" schools. Where the History texts always spoke of through Russian defeats by the Turkish, Japanese, Finns, and how the US had to save them from the Germans.

But when I started looking in the atlas and looking at national boundries through the years, along with mineral locations. I started to question.

Then a trip to the UK, looking through their books, throughly changed everything.

A move to a lerge city enabled through searches in many bookstores, both major chain and independent used.

That allowed me to build a large refrerance collection.

Forward to present, with Amazon, the modern Internet, and widespread publication of Aircraft realted mags (Air Forces Monthly, and Combat Aircraft just to name a few), I get an even larger picture.

As far as the religon, I'm now an Agnostic bordering on Atheist.

Foxhound: Under

Posted by
indiansukhoi (3)
Edit
Posted: July 27, 2006 (11:40 PM)
SUKHOIs for me. The Flankers were the best than the MIGs in some places

Posted by
Rebate (67)
Edit
Posted: July 30, 2006 (5:04 AM)
Both, come to my mind. This is two most successful and advanced military marks in Russia, and them 2 different classes of fighters, therefore is impossible to compare, my answer both - Sukhoi & MiG.
Reply to this threadRSS Feed

Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

Home | Book a Flight | Flight Prices | Special Offers! | Price Guarantee | Price a Flight | - Order Process | Calendar | Zero-G Flights | Gift Certificates | Hotels | Spb. Hotels

Why FlyMiG.Com? | Aircraft | In the Media | Contact Us | Questions | Flight Stories | About Us | MAKS 2003 | MAKS 2005 | Updates

Avia X-change | Aviation Forum | Cool Stuff | Affiliates | Mail Lists | iPod | PostCards | Search | Links | Pilots

Del.icio.usDiggYahoo.RedditSlashDotTechnoratiTwitterBlinkListConnoteaFaceBookFurlGoogle.NewsVinePropeller.StumbleUponWindows Live

Honda CRX Si | Manuals |
   Copyright © FlyMiG.Com™ 2002 - 2024