Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

about S-400
Friday, September 29, 2006 (00:07 AM)

Reply to this threadRSS Feed
Posted by
ILoveRussia (2)
Edit
about S-400
Well, I am new to this group. I am from China and love Russian military technology. I like to start a topic about Russian's S-400. Is this S-400 the most advanced version of SAM series? Can it shoot down U.S F/A-22 Raptor? Do you guys know some more datails aobut S-400 performance?

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
RE: about S-400
Posted: October 9, 2006 (8:13 PM)
Like all new stuff in military domain, only rumours are present. It is thought it can track and shoot down stealth planes.

A new version is S-500 but only prototype. I heard India wanted or already bought S-400 to defend New Delhi.
Until now Russia sold S-300 versions.

Posted by
ownageNL (28)
Edit
Posted: January 30, 2007 (10:15 AM)
S-300PMU3 / S-400 / SA-20 Triumf

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/russia/s-400.htm

Posted by
TheMagicMan (10)
Edit
Posted: October 8, 2007 (00:55 AM)
Good for low-medium flying aircraft. Remember the stealth-117 was only shot down at low altitude. Anything can track a steath aircraft at close range. The f-22 is way more stealthy then the nighthawk and it's highest altidude is a claimed 70,000ft. It would be a miracle if it were able to shoot down the f-22 at 70,000. Everyone claims they can shoot down stealth. I would like to see proof. Then why build PAK-FA if the united states could have the same technology like russia to shoot down stealth. I think only at a certain range it can shoot down f-22.

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
Posted: October 8, 2007 (3:53 PM)
I want to see F-22 flying at 70000ft at supersonic speed and for more than 20 minutes. My personal opinion full loaded with weapons and fuel. . it can't.
Why russians make PAK-FA if US can shot down stealth aircraft? So why US made F-22 if russians can destroy better than US the stealth aircraft. Put this question first for your country, not for Russia.
Again PAK-FA is to be build to counter F-22 and will be better than F-22, else, why to waist time and money? Better, but right not far better.

Posted by
TheMagicMan (10)
Edit
Posted: October 8, 2007 (4:59 PM)
My point is that I think both Russia and the United State bluff, when they say they can shoot down steath. Fully loaded f-22 which isn't much In my opinion can sustain pretty good at least well over 50,000ft. As for PAK-FA I don't think it will be better then F-22. They should be comparable but other factors make a big difference like who has more money to fund for futher upgrades. So yes they should be comparable. But I think the f-22 will have a better longrange missile. But it probley wouldn't matter because by the time they saw each other they might cancel each other out and no one wins. The PAK-FA would not be a waste of money even if it were not comparable to f=22. It would dominate over everything else projected for future deployment. I think both the US and Russia bluff about there own capablities in defense.

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
Posted: October 13, 2007 (3:51 AM)
USAF have no longer missile range than VVS. Russians recently tests Ks-172 (400Km range). They shot down the target 200km far away. What can do USAF? About upgrading F-22 and PAK-FA. You kidding. How many countries can buy F-22 at its price? And maintenance? Will be cheaper than russians? Every time russians built cheaper military equipment, easier to mantain in good condition. Some equipemnt were used beyond its specification and worked well. I think it can be happen too in USAF side, but about money, russians are more cheaper. Again, russians I think will not build PAK-FA to be weaker than its counterpart, that's for sure.

Posted by
TheMagicMan (10)
Edit
Posted: October 13, 2007 (4:38 PM)
Well lets see. Well check out THAAD. It's has a range of 200km well nothing compared to S-400 at a claimed 400km estimate. But that is only if they arm the S-400 with the (big) missile. As they come standard with a missile which is capable of 200km. And the Patriot PAC3 with it upgrades which will make it about 50% more effective in all area's. Also the MEAD's system which will replace most of NATO's
Patriot missiles, not all though. So I think THAAD with a range of 200km and The S-400 with standard missile would be a good match.

Well of coarse at this stage the congress has made it illegal for the US to sell the F-22 to other countries even allies. But that may soon change. It's wasn't made to be cheap and affordable. It was made to be the best with cost being a second issue. But if the F-22 were put into major production then it's price would drop quite a bit. Like 150+million to about 100 million. Yhea PAK-FA vs F-22 I think will be dead on even. Or until someone begins upgrading there's, then the tide's might shift.

Posted by
ownageNL (28)
Edit
Posted: November 19, 2007 (4:48 AM)
big difference is that pak-fa is far from being released for production, The f22 is in service (not in big numbers)

The time the pak-fa wil be released it has to cope with maybe 200 raptors.

But with most Top russian military equipment (except AA) the russian have 2 a 3 on stock and cant afford a big arsenal.

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
Posted: January 29, 2008 (7:16 AM)
Like Su-27 which is younger than F-15 with about 5 years, PAK-FA is younger than F-22 with some years.

But one remark: After Su-27 was born it had past about 20 years until USA lift in the air a better aircraft - F-22.

2007 to 2015 are 8 years for F-22 supremacy. In 2015 PAK-FA will be on duty for Russia and India.

Reply to this threadRSS Feed

Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

Home | Book a Flight | Flight Prices | Special Offers! | Price Guarantee | Price a Flight | - Order Process | Calendar | Zero-G Flights | Gift Certificates | Hotels | Spb. Hotels

Why FlyMiG.Com? | Aircraft | In the Media | Contact Us | Questions | Flight Stories | About Us | MAKS 2003 | MAKS 2005 | Updates

Avia X-change | Aviation Forum | Cool Stuff | Affiliates | Mail Lists | iPod | PostCards | Search | Links | Pilots

Del.icio.usDiggYahoo.RedditSlashDotTechnoratiTwitterBlinkListConnoteaFaceBookFurlGoogle.NewsVinePropeller.StumbleUponWindows Live

Honda CRX Si | Manuals |
   Copyright © FlyMiG.Com™ 2002 - 2024