India & Su47 Berkut
Tuesday, January 30, 2007 (9:28 AM)

Reply to this threadRSS Feed
Posted by
ownageNL (28)
Edit
India & Su47 Berkut
hi peopes

couldnt find any good info on this one and i know there are some people here who can give me some info

i read a time ago that india was planning to buy the berkut

do not know how many or if it is true (western media can not be trusted on this one) but i know india had some interests in the great berkut?

anyone?

Posted by
Greek (44)
Edit
RE: India & Su47 Berkut
Posted: January 30, 2007 (1:23 PM)
India is certainly considering of buying new fighter planes, Russian ones more likely.
The Su-47 though, is a technology demonstrator and might never become a production aircraft. Part of its technology will be transferred to the new stealth plane that the Russians are up to; the PAK-FA. I've heard some whispers that the PAK-FA is developed in co-operation with India, but I'm not sure about that. The PAK will be the Russian counterpart of F-22 Raptor.
The point is that the first PAK will enter service somewhere in 2012-2015, if the schedule is kept; but will it?
So India might- at first stage- buy some Su-30's or Rafales.

Posted by
Sukhoy (488)
Edit
Posted: January 30, 2007 (1:54 PM)
Rafale? No no no. Right now India buy more and more Su-30MKI. Russia is very close to sell 126 MiG-35 because they let India to build RD-33 in Inida, so the costs will be much less than for other aircrafts.
Putin wanted to sign a contract to build jointly 5 gen aircraft, but that contract untill now, is not signed.
India sign some agreements in nuk domain and in GLONASS case.
About aircraft, India as I see want more MiG than Sukhoi for 5th gen.
Maybe in the future, MiG will work with India in this case.
I want to see potential buyer for Brahmos - jointly developted and produced by India and Russia.

Posted by
djewt1 (2)
Edit
Posted: February 5, 2007 (10:21 PM)
Defence Industry Daily link

Here you can find a link with some current news on Russian Indian coorperation. It mentions the "5th gen fighter", a big deal for MiG-29OVT/MiG-35, new engines for the mig29 and a new cargo aircraft.

Especialy the 5th generation fighter is intresting. I can understand it is to expensive for Russia to develop alone. But India's track record for finishing a project on schedule is not very good to say the least.

India was with $1.5 billion also Israel's biggest customer in 2006:
Another Defence Industry Daily link

Reply to this threadRSS Feed

Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

Home | Book a Flight | Flight Prices | Special Offers! | Price Guarantee | Price a Flight | - Order Process | Calendar | Zero-G Flights | Gift Certificates | Hotels | Spb. Hotels

Why FlyMiG.Com? | Aircraft | In the Media | Contact Us | Questions | Flight Stories | About Us | MAKS 2003 | MAKS 2005 | Updates

Avia X-change | Aviation Forum | Cool Stuff | Affiliates | Mail Lists | iPod | PostCards | Search | Links | Pilots

Del.icio.usDiggYahoo.RedditSlashDotTechnoratiTwitterBlinkListConnoteaFaceBookFurlGoogle.NewsVinePropeller.StumbleUponWindows Live

Honda CRX Si | Manuals |
   Copyright © FlyMiG.Com™ 2002 - 2018