Wallpaper

Russian Visa online

RC Clubs
Code your Mac
Manuals
Database for Sale

Search Google

Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

Russia's first test-flight with Trust Vectoring?
Wednesday, July 11, 2007 (1:42 AM)

Reply to this threadRSS Feed
Posted by
zeroyon04 (5)
Edit
Russia's first test-flight with Trust Vectoring?
Hello,

When did Russia first test-fly (non-vtol) thrust vectoring? Was it on the Su-35? Was it 2D thrust vectoring? What was the engine designation? I can't seem to find this information anywhere.

Thank you for your help =)

Posted by
zeroyon04 (5)
Edit
RE: Russia's first test-flight with Trust Vectoring?
Posted: July 11, 2007 (4:27 AM)
Also, when was the first flight with the MiG-29 OVT and its 3D TVC engines?

thanks

Posted by
Rediculous (15)
Edit
Posted: July 11, 2007 (11:53 AM)
To my knowledge, the MIG 35 is Russia's first true 3D TV bid. The Su-37 only used 2D TV and while the Su-35/ 30MKI etc boasts 3d TV, it simply uses the same 2d vectoring nozzels but they are installed perpendicularly to each other so that they vector at a 45 degree angle to the x axis. While this will result in some yaw authority, the nozzles are restricted to their 2d axis of movement and do not feature fully independent 3d movement seen on the F-15 ACTIVE and the MIG 35.

As for the claims that Sukhoi TV is superior to the F-22's, they forget that the F-22's F-119 engines and airframe were designed from the get-go to accomodate TV while the Su's was simply an afterthought. The raptors nozzles converge and diverge as well as move a full five degrees further than any Su's in the pitch axis. I will agree to statements that the MIG OVT (showcraft)'s TV tech is superior to the f-22's with the knowledge that it is the ONLY parameter of performance in which any Russian AC has over the Raptor.

Posted by
zeroyon04 (5)
Edit
Posted: July 11, 2007 (2:40 PM)
Thank you for you response, I just figured out that information myself a bit before you posted.

Also, did Russia test TVC on the Su-35 BEFORE the Su-37? I see no mention of it in this timeline http://www.milavia.net/aircraft/su-27/su-27_his.htm

Actually, the only mention I have ever seen of TVC being tested on the Su-35 before the Su-37 is on Venik's website. We all know that venik is a liar though.

Posted by
zeroyon04 (5)
Edit
Posted: July 11, 2007 (7:06 PM)
It seems like the LL-UV(KS) was the first 2D nozzle by Sukhoi in 1989, the first psuedo-3D was on the Su-30MK prototype #6 in 1997, and the bort 595 was the first TRUE 3D TVC (in 2003?)? am I correct on this?

Posted by
Rediculous (15)
Edit
Posted: July 12, 2007 (7:22 AM)
I am almost positive that the-37 was Russia's testbed for TV with Sukhoi. After the demonstrator crashed, I think the tech was later installed on the Su-35/30MKI. I'll do a little digging when I get a chance and see what I can do with your other questions.
Reply to this threadRSS Feed

Main Forum Page | Start new Thread | Edit your AD | Search Forum

Home | Book a Flight | Flight Prices | Special Offers! | Price Guarantee | Price a Flight | - Order Process | Calendar | Zero-G Flights | Gift Certificates | Hotels | Spb. Hotels

Why FlyMiG.Com? | Aircraft | In the Media | Contact Us | Questions | Flight Stories | About Us | MAKS 2003 | MAKS 2005 | Updates

Avia X-change | Aviation Forum | Cool Stuff | Affiliates | Mail Lists | iPod | PostCards | Search | Links | Pilots

Del.icio.usDiggYahoo.RedditSlashDotTechnoratiTwitterBlinkListConnoteaFaceBookFurlGoogle.NewsVinePropeller.StumbleUponWindows Live

Honda CRX Si | Manuals |
   Copyright © FlyMiG.Com™ 2002 - 2018